Clutch question

Belgian1979vette

Which would be a good clutch that would be able to sustain up to 8000 rpm and can handle a max of 600 lbs/ft of torque ? Woud dual be necessary ?

Depends on how you want to drive, it, dropping the clutch @ 8K or just cruising with the occasiona WOT sprint?

I've got the stock GM clutch behind my BB. No slip, but shifting at 8k gets exciting- I've seen the clutch pedal stick to the floor on 2 occasions. And I'm with you. Dumping the clutch is a waste of good parts. I figure I'll be enough trouble if I jump on it while I'm just rolling slow and it ever hooks up..

Which would be a good clutch that would be able to sustain up to 8000 rpm and can handle a max of 600 lbs/ft of torque ? Woud dual be necessary ?

I can't say enough good things about my lightened 11 inch billet steel 168 tooth flywheel/Centerforce DFX clutch assembly/blow proof bell housing/TKO 600

Very easy on the leg. Very linear engagement. I even changed the connection point lower by drilling on the firewall arm. It makes for less petal movement to open or close the clutch. It should have made the petal stiffer because of less mechanical advantage. It is still easy to depress

I like McLeod clutches for high perf applications. Call their tech support line and let them know the specifics of your setup and intended use, then see what you think of their comments. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

I like McLeod clutches for high perf applications. Call their tech support line and let them know the specifics of your setup and intended use, then see what you think of their comments. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.

Yep, Mcleod- been using them since 1978. Damn long time. Always top notch work. Talk to George over there.