Kumho XS in 335-35-17 :D

On the front it's going to be 17x9.5 with 285-40 :bounce:

Edit:

polished the rims and checked fitment - tight but it fits :D

214d7ced1193ad3.jpg
214d7ced123e3ae.jpg
time to buy the tires now..... :)

Last edited:
You sure it's ok to change the wheel centerline all that much??

using my '89-72 vette wheels, I wound up with 2.5" adapters, and so a net of 4.5 inches on the offset....just about same centerline as stock....

you not worried of overloading the IRS in the rear??

:huh::goodevil:

I DO like the brushed aluminum spokes and rims though...looks really GOOD.....

Do you think they're wide enough? ;) nice!!! Now have the center powdercoated gunmetal and they'd be perfect

I think for now I leave it polished but I think gunmetal would look cool too ... how about having the center section anodized gold ??? :D

Hey those wheels look nice!! What are you doing for body work to cover them with? Be sure to post pics when you get them on, I would like to see a good side view to see how they fill the wheel wells. I am building a new frame for my 72 with c4 front and rear suspension with 335/35/18's on the rear and I am thinking they might be a little short for the wheel well.

I've already installed the rear 2" flares, hopefully this is enough to cover these massive tires...
The flares are from Vanacor, 1" front and 2" rear, "no mudflap" design....

That's what I would do, anodized or powdercoated gold. I'm doing that on the trans am too.

I've already installed the rear 2" flares, hopefully this is enough to cover these massive tires...
The flares are from Vanacor, 1" front and 2" rear, "no mudflap" design....

I owned a set of the polished torq thrusts for a while. I hated having to polish them, had to do it about once every two months to keep them looking good.

If I were you, I'd scuff them with 600 grit now, while they're new and off the tires. And clear coat them with scratch resistant clear.

I'll never buy another set of polished rims. Too much work. But then again, I don't enjoy washing my car, some do. So it's really a matter of taste.

I usually remove the clearcoat from aluminum rims, then polish with chrome polish :D

On a daily driver it can be a pain in the rear but on a car that's a weekend toy it's ok.....

I use "the worlds easiest metal polish" by "satingloss" ... it leaves a wax on there so dirt doesn't stick.... and "Mother's" power ball and power cone ..... :waxer::waxer::waxer:

Holy shit... just unpacked the rear wheels today, f%^&ing HUGE..... it does seem to fit though :D

I'll post some pics tomorrow :D :D

added two pics to the first post.....

214d7ced123e3ae.jpg

Last edited:
Found out that the Kumho XS tires in 335-35-17 are on nationwide backorder with no estimated ship date :crap:

Decided to go with 315-35-17 and 275-40-17 instead.... should get the rear tires mounted Wednesday :)

Found out that the Kumho XS tires in 335-35-17 are on nationwide backorder with no estimated ship date :crap:

Decided to go with 315-35-17 and 275-40-17 instead.... should get the rear tires mounted Wednesday :)

You know, just a thought, what with that Quake in Japan, there maybe a ton of shit we USED to get, very shortly.....what? Toyota shut down 4? plants, and lord know what else got screwed up.....

all it takes is one supplier to get gone, and no one shipping shit anymore....

:surrender::censored::crap:

Got the tires (315-35-17) mounted and the wheels fit just barely under the flares....

214d80b76604663.jpg

The suspension has not settled yet so it should come down another half inch or so....

214d80b76296ef7.jpg

214d80b75e59629.jpg

hopefully the front wheels fit as good as the rears :)