Damn China........

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Eff'd again by the predictable finger of fate......

that is all......:clobbered::banned:

Nah, meant to be,......

I was trying some of those cheep electrical connectors to use on the a/c compressor, and so the insulated ones have to be crimped, so of course the friggin' metal is so thin I could wrap food with it, and so they pull off the damn wires just WAY too easy.....modern crap not worth a flying flip at a rolling doughnut.....

:clobbered::banned:

Makes you wonder if they use their own crap over there too or if they just sell it overseas ?

Makes me wonder....why tool up just to send unusable shit out?? gotta be in 'use' over somewhere else....

:banned::clobbered::huh:

Ever been to a Harbor freight store? Everyone in there is buying that unusable Chinese "shit".

buy it there, or elsewhere for 10x the price....WTF is the diff??

:clobbered::rolleyes:

For instance, if i buy tools, i just wait untill i can afford the good stuff or i buy it used. No use in buying the shit that comes from there.

Once I find out that the quality sucks, it's game over. Simple.

Ever been to a Harbor freight store? Everyone in there is buying that unusable Chinese "shit".

buy it there, or elsewhere for 10x the price....WTF is the diff??

:clobbered::rolleyes:

My thought exactly ... you'll buy the same Harbor Freight crap off the
"tool truck" labeled SNAP-ON and pay 10x the price for it. Might just as
well go get it at H/F.

I don't know, but I make my living with my tools. Last year spent $750 on a new Miller 180 mig welder. It will outlast me. Parts are easy to get. Cost about 2X that of a H/F pos unit. On hand tools, I wait for Sears to have a sale, then buy it there. Good quality without the "tool-truck" prices. I will admit to shopping there, but not for important stuff.

I don't know, but I make my living with my tools. Last year spent $750 on a new Miller 180 mig welder. It will outlast me. Parts are easy to get. Cost about 2X that of a H/F pos unit. On hand tools, I wait for Sears to have a sale, then buy it there. Good quality without the "tool-truck" prices. I will admit to shopping there, but not for important stuff.

I bought a Miller 185 just over 10 years ago. Still welds like new even though
it no longer looks like new :) Here lately I'm lucky if I get a year out of an air
tool (Mac / Snap-On / Cornwell)... so I figure if I get six months out of a H/F
for a 10th of the price ... I'm ahead of the game. I'll admit it is hit or miss
with them .... I bought a battery jump box for $50 and got 5 years out it ...
while I've seen others lucky to get 3 months out of one.

I've spent about the last 13 years as a mobile mechanic and the only tools I buy at HF are the ones I know I'm probably going to lose. I've lost enough Craftsman cresent wrenches to learn that lesson. If it goes in my toolbox though, it's a decent tool.
Interestingly though, I have a Craftsman hacksaw that had a plastic knob to tighten the blade. The knob broke off so I took it to Sears to replace it. The guy told me to just go grab another one. When I looked, all the new Craftsman hacksaws were 'made in China'. I told him no thanks, I'll just keep the old one and just tighten/loosen the blade with a socket.
Assholes.

I bought a Miller 185 just over 10 years ago. Still welds like new even though
it no longer looks like new :) Here lately I'm lucky if I get a year out of an air
tool (Mac / Snap-On / Cornwell)... so I figure if I get six months out of a H/F
for a 10th of the price ... I'm ahead of the game. I'll admit it is hit or miss
with them .... I bought a battery jump box for $50 and got 5 years out it ...
while I've seen others lucky to get 3 months out of one.

Yeah, but you might be lucky to get that six months out of it.
True story: former neighbor of mine wrecked his beautiful '73 T/A (but that's a whole different story :( ). The front was smashed so hard he couldn't get the hood open and he wanted to see if the engine was still salvageable. So he borrows a "Chicago Electric", meaning Harbor Freight, recip saw from a friend. Now keep in mind, I am outside watching this whole thing as it happens. He take the brand new saw out of the box, he plugs it in and puts it on the fender to cut through the sheetmetal. He hit the trigger and pushed down on the saw and it snapped in half. I watch as he looks at one piece of the saw in one hand, then the other piece in the other hand. I was laughing hysterically. I offered to loan him my Porter Cable, which I know will cut a car in half (at least I know it will cut a Honda Civic in 3rds anyway).