Can you say SCAM?

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I posted a pair of bucket seats for sale on craigslist. I already sold them and got ca$h in my hand. Today I found this in my e-mail in response to the ad.....

Sorry it took me so long getting back to you....I am James and recently moved here on a job transfer and have a particular need for it.My secretary will be processing and mailing a certified draft which is generally acceptable to cover the cost as i am interested in buying this from you so please do withdraw the advert from the website as I'm completely satisfied with the advert and price.I will need the details of whom and where to mail the payment. .
(1).Name to be on the payment. . .
(2).Home or office address. . .
(3) Mobile #. . .
The payment will be mail by FedEx and it will be delivered to your address two business day from receiving your information. I'll send my mover over for the pick up right only after the payment as been delivered to your address. Please send me an email or text Here is my # 714 872 9256 I will do my best to attend to that as am usually very busy while at work.So do let me have the required info and i will get back to you asap.

Thanks!!

MY reply, sorry man, sold.....

but if not, reply to have cash on hand when picking up the goods...no checks...

CASE CLOSED.....

ANYONE that seriously busy will understand business well enough.....RS101, first course BA.....

:banned:

My brother got an e=mail like that years ago while trying to sell his boat, he sent it on to a detective friend.

My brother got an e=mail like that years ago while trying to sell his boat, he sent it on to a detective friend.

And then....?
lurk5.gif

I'd send him an email back with a PO box for an address and no phone. See if anything shows up. If it does, go to a check cashing office and cash the check-even if it costs 15-20% of the face value.
Let it lay there for 6 months.

There's GOT to be a way to stick it to these a-holes and honest guys not get hosed in the process.

I trying to sell my McIntosh stereo.....CL.....

got this just a while ago....

* CRAIGSLIST ADVISORY --- AVOID SCAMS BY DEALING LOCALLY
** Avoid: wiring money, cross-border deals, work-at-home
** Beware: cashier checks, money orders, escrow, shipping
** More Info: http://www.craigslist.org/about/scams.html

Gene,

Can you get the model number for the McIntosh rig? I am very interested. Can meet in person, load it and pay in cash.

Mike
678 2133

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/ele/2208261397.html

I called, it was a cphone.....machine pickup but it DID say the same name.....

so who knows??

BTW, I been wanting to sell the stereo for a long time, but today's econ, no one is buying shit.....

I don't hear so good anymore, don't like current music worth a damn, could care less anymore....wife don't like a GIGANTIC speakers....so hell with it.....

:clobbered::banned:

Damn, GENE! A Mac? If I had any cash I might be all over that. I have a Denon POA-2800 I've had for 20 years that's starting to make popping noises. I'm afraid the amp is getting ready to release smoke.

As to the OP, dude is trying to scam you so give him a name and address and see what shows up. What's he going to do? Call the cops?

Damn, GENE! A Mac? If I had any cash I might be all over that. I have a Denon POA-2800 I've had for 20 years that's starting to make popping noises. I'm afraid the amp is getting ready to release smoke.

As to the OP, dude is trying to scam you so give him a name and address and see what shows up. What's he going to do? Call the cops?

Been trying to sell the whole system as a unit, hard to do as each speaker cabinet weighs 150 lbs....4 of them, and so they would make a hell of a home theater setup......BUT......no one is affording that these daze,

wife wants to burn it.....

:goodevil: