What fuel pressure T.P.I Injection

36-38 PSI is fairly normal.....pinch the return line with pliars if you can, and watch the pressure zoom up to 45-60 lbs.....then release it and see if you get a pressure boost, assuming it was LO to start with....cleans the crap from the regulator, allowing it to close or bleed off to the return line normally....

I run mine nearer to 42 PSI, but I have an adjustable regulator....

43 with vac reference line removed, engine running, idle vac would pull it down to about 36

I run 43 psi on the fuel rails with engine running at idle and everything connected. I changed out the 24# factory injectors and replaced with Bosch injectors that flow 22# per hour.

just running up the pressure is going to screw up the fuel trim. You can do it, if you tune for a new corrected resulting injector size for that pressure, otherwise small changes should only be made. Generally, if you need more injector, get larger ones instead of running up the pressure.

Bosch yellows rated 19lbs for fords are 22s for tpi pressure. Factory TPI came w/ 22s on a 350, 305 (f body and such) came w/ 19s (all multec junk). Only LT1s used 24# multecs

just running up the pressure is going to screw up the fuel trim. You can do it, if you tune for a new corrected resulting injector size for that pressure, otherwise small changes should only be made. Generally, if you need more injector, get larger ones instead of running up the pressure.

Bosch yellows rated 19lbs for fords are 22s for tpi pressure. Factory TPI came w/ 22s on a 350, 305 (f body and such) came w/ 19s (all multec junk). Only LT1s used 24# multecs

I got mine from Jsup, and they are Bosch, I think, 24# engine runs good....

:bounce: I going to put in dash operated cutouts....

:nuts:

What fuel pressure should be used for Acell 22lbs High Performance Injectors?

Last edited:
1st, buy bosch or deka injectors, throw those accel things away. They are junk. FP is same, 43 w/ no vac ref. The large body yellow ford motorsports are bosch 19s for ford, At the FP for TPI (higher) they are right around 22, perfect for a stockish 350.

Gene, I thought you were going for fuel economy? Why 24s? Can you read BLM? What's it @ ?

1st, buy bosch or deka injectors, throw those accel things away. They are junk. FP is same, 43 w/ no vac ref. The large body yellow ford motorsports are bosch 19s for ford, At the FP for TPI (higher) they are right around 22, perfect for a stockish 350.

Gene, I thought you were going for fuel economy? Why 24s? Can you read BLM? What's it @ ?

24's are what was on the car, and all I have now....got from Jsup a couple years ago, greatly smoothing out the engine from that water battle I was involved with....draining the tank of all the sludge, ......

BB, engine running at idle, max mani vac, that regulator pulls off and drops the FP, when throttle is cracked, it increases FP.....so the computer don't have to go so wild on the pulse width for the injectors....so depending on cams, you can have pretty good variations of idle pressures....several pounds have been reported, while I only have my example of maybe 4? vehicles....all similar....

:nuts:

1st, buy bosch or deka injectors, throw those accel things away. They are junk. FP is same, 43 w/ no vac ref.

Why no vacuum reference? Seems like it couldn't hurt.

pressure is set @ 43 w/ vac ref line removed, with it installed again it will pull down to 38. The ref line is a good thing, it ensures that the effective fuel pressure over manifold absolute pressure stays the same. Pressure is just set w/ engine running and the hose disconnected