Hydrobeast Clevis Pin

68/70Vette

In the last loaded pictures section today, someone posted pictures of the clevis pin that attaches the MC input rod to the brake pedal. Couldn't find the post. In case someone is having a fitment problem, here's my clevis pin story. When I installed my Hyroboost (VBandP), instructions said to use the stock clevis pin. Nope. wasn't really long enough. (When I used the stock clevis according to instructions, the brake light switch wouldn't actuate correctly. The stock clevis was a little bit short - not a long enough fork. ). Solution? Get a Dorman catalog. Look up clevis pins and buy the one with a 3/8 inch pin and threaded for a 3/8 rod. Works perfect - it's fork had that little extra bit of fork length needed. Also, with the Dorman clevis, the brake pedal attitude (position) had a perfect stock look. The Dorman clevis was an expensive little bugger. It cost about $15.00. Bought it from NAPA. I have the part number at work. (I'm at home now.)

Last edited:
Thanks that was a great post you referred me too. It's been a while since I looked at it so I was interested in the progress you're making. I'm doing the same thing to my 70, but I'm working a lot slower than you! Great job!

Thanks buddy,
It's a pleasure to know people reads me.:thankyou:
Every nights and weekends, I know I'm not really alone in the garage :friends: