• It's fine that way, just post the Mod stuff here

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Sure, bring a copy of you thread here

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
Hi guys.
As you probably now, I've doing working hard on my car restoration. And some may also looking at my thread on CF.
I've been lazy updating the thread here which have never been more than a rough summary of the main thread.
Some are doing perfect mirror on the three main vette site.
Let's face it, the thread is an attention whore thing, and this attention is fueling my motivation.

I kinda feel bad about this, because I owe you one big time.
Forum members have sold me good stuff at fair to steal price.
Some others proposed to help me with services or tools.
And generally everyone have been patient with all my stupid questions.

Still, I see so many great mod here, races cars, welded pieces of art.
In comparison my thread is just yet another "newbie try to restore his rust bucket", no much point being there.
And I usually try to post my mod-oriented works.

So you let me know.

Note: I hope I can setup the poll.
Note2: Yes I can!

Last edited:
I try to be apolitical about vette sites/forums....

I do think the tech level here is much greater than elsewhere, by sheer count of smart guys.....

believe it or not, I read FAR more than I post....true, really.....:harhar:

the only stupid question is the one not asked.....

what is it now 1.5? million vettes sold?? many opinions.....but note the engineers and racers over time....as they have most of the GOOD information, as well as the olde tyme car folks....

IMO, i'ts all a HOBBY, and when boredom or attitude changes, I have moved on to other hobbies over the years.....

electronics/stereo to GUNS, to cars, to construction/home remodeling, to include dozens of women through the decades....we can figger out all the shit BUT women, that is a mystery.....:trumpet::hi:

Denpo,

I don't think posting your thread here is a bad idea at all, and with the guys who frequent this site, you might get some really good ideas or alternatives to what your doing. Plus we all learn from each other, it's just that sometimes you can share and teach and sometimes you get schooled (I get schooled here all the time! :D). You've seen the level of expertise here, why wouldn't you want to post it?

Allright, I'm syncing then.
You'll get and HD version, this forum allows bigger upload.
There will probably be a couple of rerun of some of my other posts here, I don't feel like editing.
I think it will take me a couple of days.

Just saw the new thread, good stuff :thumbs:

About the photos: max upload size is a lot larger than 640x480 but for display in threads the photo size is reduced to make the photo fit the screen. It's very annoying when the photo is so huge that you constantly have to scroll left/right to read the text (as seen on many other forums) :D

About the photos: max upload size is a lot larger than 640x480 but for display in threads the photo size is reduced to make the photo fit the screen. It's very annoying when the photo is so huge that you constantly have to scroll left/right to read the text (as seen on many other forums) :D
I try to keep the image in the 1024x768 range, still fit most screen but great improvement over the pitifull 640x480.
By the way, isn't there a option on the user CP to automatically resize too big images?

I try to keep the image in the 1024x768 range, still fit most screen but great improvement over the pitifull 640x480.
By the way, isn't there a option on the user CP to automatically resize too big images?

you mean like photobucket does ?? They downsize photos during the upload but it's very slow...

I use photo resizer (Wndows XP powertoys), it's very fast and easy to use....

you mean like photobucket does ?? They downsize photos during the upload but it's very slow...

I use photo resizer (Wndows XP powertoys), it's very fast and easy to use....
No, in the user CP you can specify the max size of the images. By default it's 0, meaning no resize. Just put something that match you screen size (eg: 1024 of 1200) and you should never have to scroll anymore.
I'm using photoshop, It's a bit overkill, but that all I ever used.

By all means, post updates on your progress! We all benefit form an exchange of ideas and techniques. Your restoration approach and progress is impressive.:thumbs: