buy American

MYBAD79

It is funny but the sad part is that it's true.....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq8wbXAR4ZQ[/ame]

Several years ago I stopped buying anything from Harbor Freight just as my own little bit of protest.

But now, do you have any idea how HARD it is to avoid Chineese? And how much harder to buy American?

My employer is an incredibly rich man and poured untold amounts of money into the last election yet outsources all of his accounting to the Phillipines. Can you say scurvy scumdog?, Yes, I thought you could....:smash:

One of my wife's major clients imports all his gear from China....

it's those plastic cast bar supplies with the lights and weird shapes....called beer bongs, or some kind of drinking scheme.....

plus tons of other stuff.....all from China....

:surrender:

I have been checking labels on the stuff I buy...
Levis Jeans - Cambodia
New Balance sneakers - Thailand
Table lamps - China
External Hard Drive - Malaysia/Thailand
Kodak Camera - China
Panasonic phone - China

:crap:

Levis Jeans - Cambodia
Table lamps - China
Kodak Camera - China
Panasonic phone - China

New Balance also makes tennis shoes in the usa. About 25% I believe. You have to look at Big 5.
I understand how you feel, as most of us do.
However, the fact remains, it just aint going to change back.
Some, however, are.
GE is investing 1 bil dollars in a new appliance plant in the south. The next generation of appliances built will communicate with the grid. After renegotiating with the union, they decided it was too complicated for their Korean plant, and moved it back here.
Not a huge deal, but it is for me. If just a few more manufacturers would take thier lead.......

Levis Jeans - Cambodia
Table lamps - China
Kodak Camera - China
Panasonic phone - China

Needed a fuel filter for my ford. Looked it up at Advance Auto..picture shows "made in USA" on the filter:yahoo:

So I go there and the clerk goes and gets it.......I open it up and it is stamped "made in China". I needed the filter so I complained to the counter person, plopped down my money and left:surrender:

GE is investing 1 bil dollars in a new appliance plant in the south. The next generation of appliances built will communicate with the grid. After renegotiating with the union, they decided it was too complicated for their Korean plant, and moved it back here.
Not a huge deal, but it is for me. If just a few more manufacturers would take thier lead.......

Maybe more would follow GE's lead if they could get the same level of government subsidy.

Levis Jeans - Cambodia
Table lamps - China
Kodak Camera - China
Panasonic phone - China

New Balance also makes tennis shoes in the usa. About 25% I believe. You have to look at Big 5.
Some, however, are.

What is the point of having appliances .comm with the grid?? get messages to supposedly save electricity?? seems funky to me.....

fridge needs maintain temps, freezer even worse, then we go for dishwashers, when it's dinner time it's time to cook, I fail to see that as going anywhere....

:surrender::clap:

what I DO see is the already failure prone electronics going out and the panels worth 500 bux each.....like those modern high efficiency home furnace crap.....

Some, however, are.

Where did you hear the GE appliances info? The main GE appliance factory is GE Appliance Park in Louisville. They are expanding their GeoSpring line of water heaters, softeners, filters etc. and last I heard they were putting about 50 million into the Louisville plant.

The GE water systems are a growth business for GE. They tried to sell the appliance division but the Korean bidders didn't really want it. Look for them to do home "smart" energy systems in the future.

Best thing to do for a water heater, even a HOT water heater, is put a wrapping over the outside and top.....amazing how hot that skin gets under that wrapping, my WH sets out in the lean to shed on side of the house...right next to the kitchen/laundry room....takes about 30 seconds or less to get Hot water in the baths...not SO awful evil....can't justify another heater for there...

:smash:

Best thing to do for a water heater, even a HOT water heater, is put a wrapping over the outside and top.....amazing how hot that skin gets under that wrapping, my WH sets out in the lean to shed on side of the house...right next to the kitchen/laundry room....takes about 30 seconds or less to get Hot water in the baths...not SO awful evil....can't justify another heater for there...

:smash:

Funny how the water heater mfrs. say DO NOT add insulation and the green weenies say DO. I have always been in favor of the hot water heater blanket.
:beer:

Don't even get me on my "China" soapbox. They're taking over so much production it won't be long before they start making Mexicans in China!

Some, however, are.

Where did you hear the GE appliances info? The main GE appliance factory is GE Appliance Park in Louisville. They are expanding their GeoSpring line of water heaters, softeners, filters etc. and last I heard they were putting about 50 million into the Louisville plant.

The GE water systems are a growth business for GE. They tried to sell the appliance division but the Korean bidders didn't really want it. Look for them to do home "smart" energy systems in the future.

Time Magazine