Fire extinguisher mount

The Artist formerly known as Turbo84
Clinging to my guns and religion in KCMO.
I thought while I'm getting more material for the muffler build I'd also think about making a bracket to hold the fire extinguisher just in front of the passenger seat. The bracket looks easy to make, but I need a quick release in case I need it in a hurry. Does an ordinary hardware store sell something like those flip-over-center retainers that are often seen on manufactured extinguisher brackets? Or, any other suggestions?

thanks,
Mike

The brackets on my auto extinguisher came with velcro...so instead of trying to mount it with screws I used the velcro. It sits on top of the rear jack compartment. Easy to get to and surprisingly secure. It doesn't interfere with opening the compartment lid. It might be a problem if you stored your tops back there.

On my '73, I mounted my fire extinguisher on the passenger rear wheel well. I used a 2" wide strip of aluminum to make a bracket that bolts to the seat belt mount. I found a marine grade fire extinguisher at Lowe's that came with a quick disconnect bracket that I mounted to my home made bracket. Works good for me and is out of the way with reasonable access.

DC

There was just a discussion in the german Corvette forum exactly about this subject.

There they had some pretty good solutions also with pictures.

Here you find the thread:
German Corvetteforum.de

Thanks for the link. I went there and spent some time reading. College German language classes were a bunch of years ago, so I'm extremely rusty with the language, but perhaps this is an opportunity to get rid of some of the cobwebs.