I have a new found respect...

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
for what the Mrs does every day. A while ago she had to go back to work when I was diagnosed with cancer last year. Now I'm on the mend but a couple weeks ago she threw her back out and couldn't really do her job. We can't afford to lose time off from work so I went with her to help out. Her job is a "personal care assistant" for people with disabilities. Basically she feeds and wipes the asses of people who are physically disabled. It really is a shitty job (pun intended) and hard, back breaking work. No wonder she hurt her back. She's finally getting better but I have to get back to work. It's sad that she has to do this and gets paid shit money for such hard work.

Please tell your wife I said thank you for everything she does.
They certainly deserve much more than they recieve and it it takes a very special person to do what she does :rose:

My father in law, a retired Air Force SMSGT, had a major stroke about 2 years ago.

He went from an active, always doing something, going somewhere, "young" 70 something, to being totally bedridden:(

My mother in law was determined to care for him in home and get him out of the nursing facility.
Alas, she to is in her 70's, not in the greatest of health, and just can't go it alone.

Of course our entire family pitches in, but there's nothing like having skilled help.

Recently, she was introduced to a woman much the same as your wife.

We have actually moved her in with my inlaws and she has taken to them like family, and vice versa:D

She has been an absolute Godsend to the family!:thumbs::thumbs:
I really can't say enough about all that she does for my in laws.

It's tough work, but she does it gleefully and with respect.

You have a very special wife my friend. She deserves our respect and admiration!

And as for you sir....I'm happy to hear your "on the mend" :)

Yeh, me too CD, good to know you doing well enough......We too have a difficult problem here, Linda's mom and aunt are 2 years apart, and 81 for the mom...who is altzheimers, and so she is able to do for herself in the bathroom but that's about it, she is in a nursing facility, but Linda insists on bringing her here to live in the back section/room addition because all she does is stare at the TV and doze on and off all day....Linda's sis is back to work now, making no money compared to what she was in the mortgage business....and so not available to help out.....Linda had a cry fest last night over the planned removal from the nursing home, large mistake AFAIK.....but it's HER mom, so I have nothing to say, all I can do is support her....even though it's a mistake....

tried to tell her that,.....:cry::flash::goodnight:

You know the nursing home even wants the payee on the few really small life insurance policies to be them....leaving nothing for burial....adding to the stress.....

Please tell your wife I said thank you for everything she does.
They certainly deserve much more than they recieve and it it takes a very special person to do what she does :rose:

You have a very special wife my friend. She deserves our respect and admiration!

And as for you sir....I'm happy to hear your "on the mend" :)

X2!

Home health care workers do not receive the recognition that they deserve!

I too have been in similar a situation when my late wife was ill......

for what the Mrs does every day. A while ago she had to go back to work when I was diagnosed with cancer last year. Now I'm on the mend but a couple weeks ago she threw her back out and couldn't really do her job. We can't afford to lose time off from work so I went with her to help out. Her job is a "personal care assistant" for people with disabilities. Basically she feeds and wipes the asses of people who are physically disabled. It really is a shitty job (pun intended) and hard, back breaking work. No wonder she hurt her back. She's finally getting better but I have to get back to work. It's sad that she has to do this and gets paid shit money for such hard work.

I know what you mean. My wife is a nurse

To be clear RN's do not make shit money, 50-80k in the Midwest.

Thanks to all, I will pass it along. She's getting better day by day and I will go with her again tomorrow to be that extra hand. Hopefully by Monday she'll be back to fully functional. I don't really mind helping her that much but then her employer gets two people for the price of one, and that's shit money.
Sad thing is, she's not an RN yet. She's still working on it. Despite having 20+ years of medical experience, she doesn't have any certification that helps her here. She has other certifications out the wazoo but can't get a job in any of those fields right now. So she's doing this and going to school at the same time. As I type, she's reading chapters for homework. It's been a hard, up hill struggle for the last couple years. I really wish I could get some of the things done I want to get done and make a living so she could take her time and dedicate it all to school.
Anyway, there's going to be one hell of a party when she finally does graduate!