Perfect way to start the day.

J. Abbott

IMG_9359.jpg
[/IMG]

Can't wait until the season is among us again.

:photo::bump: YES, that's a great shot, my wife has a bunch of sunset pix off the Gulf , from west coast of Florida, get every color imaginable with all that moisture in the evenings....:photo::amazed:

Not when you are being pulled out of the tire barrier just right of the sun. Yea, all the way to the woods. front caliper failure What a ride.

My C5 went off right at the kink in the picture all the way out into the field. It was a brake failure also with traffic in front. A friend was driving it and it had rained earlier, the track was dry but the grass was wet. He went almost to the trees, he told me the last speed he saw before it all broke loose was 147 that is when he came up on traffic and had no breaks. I wish I had pics of the car, the only thing that was torn up was the plastic cover for the ECM, the mud on and under and packed into every space in the car was unbelievable. Hoosiers and wet grass do not mix well.

Last edited:
It was 11 years ago, I bet there is still some red mud packed in the undercarriage.

My C5 went off right at the kink in the picture all the way out into the field. It was a break failure also with traffic in front. A friend was driving it and it had rained earlier, the track was dry but the grass was wet. He went almost to the trees, he told me the last speed he saw before it all broke loose was 147 that is when he came up on traffic and had no breaks. I wish I had pics of the car, the only thing that was torn up was the plastic cover for the ECM, the mud on and under and packed into every space in the car was unbelievable. Hoosiers and wet grass do not mix well.

It was 11 years ago, I bet there is still some red mud packed in the undercarriage.

Scalped it like a turf farm eh??

:cussing::surrender:

Gene, That is funny you should say that. And what did they give me at the social that evening. A f%ckn John Deere hat. With a message written on it..

ec.jpg

Gene, That is funny you should say that. And what did they give me at the social that evening. A f%ckn John Deere hat. With a message written on it..

ec.jpg

:yahoo::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fastest farmer in the field....150 mph, cut that crop in a hurry, ok....:shocking:

OH, when they cleaned the car, did they get the dirt off the driver's seat ok???

It took allot of cleaning and finally a power washer underneath of it. The friend that was driving it is extremely calm, you would have probably had to check his pulse after this, but the guy that was riding pass in the car was pretty shook up from what I heard. At the time the car had no cage in it, just a set of Corbeau seats and harness's. I look back on those times and have learned allot about what not to do. I crashed that same car as NCCC event and it broke the Corbeau Seat track on impact into a jersey wall. I was very lucky, the car hit the jersey wall going backwards and I was able to scrub some speed before impact. My data log showed impact at 69mph and my harness went loose when the seat track broke. My helmet hit the roof of the car and I luckily those cars are built like tanks and I did not get hurt. It made me look back at everything and realize that taking a street car and only half way converting it to race duty was not a smart thing to do. It is what led to the decision to build the C6 race car.
IMG_0790.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0792.jpg
[/IMG]

I also learned another extremely valuable lesson in this, do your own alignments or make sure whoever is doing knows what they are doing. I was in rush to get to this event, I sent the car out to get a new alignment since the last outing was the VIR event where the car went offroad. I picked the car up, put it in the trailer and left. When we got there I unloaded and went out for a slow warmup. When it was time for my run it was still pretty cool outside and the track and tires were cold. On my second lap it felt like the tires were coming up to temp so I laid down on it. I was deaccelerating through a turn when the car just completely broke loose and finally did a 180 into the wall. Here is what caused it, beside my driving, the rear wheels had positive camber on them. My lesson I took from this was very valuable and I bought a used Hunter alignment machine so that I always know now what is on all the cars we do. I could not imagine if this had been a customer and how he would have felt, probably the same way I did about the alignment shop that did the work.

70 mph and that's ALL the damage to the blue one?? lucky.....I would think it totaled......

Down here, I have learned how to do my own alignments, had to, no one locally knows shit, and I just gave up paying for nothing....

so I learned the hard way, only way I know....damnit....:crap::cussing:

Yep, luckily for me they are tough cars. The blow was not direct luckily the way it hit it bounced the car sideways if that makes any sense. It does not show in the picture but there was frame damage also.