Anybody want to talk (American) football?

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Well, we now know who it will be in the big show. I'm a life long Steeler fan, even if they're bad for my health. But I also like Aaron Rogers and the Packers, so at least it will be two teams I like this year. So many times in years past, it's been teams I like against teams I don't care about or teams I don't care about against teams I hate. This one should be interesting.
And I know we have quite a few European members here. Do any of you guys watch/care about American football? (and yes, I agree "football" is a terribly inaccurate name for our sport)

If they're out, they're obviously not the best team. Even as a Steeler fan, I thought the Pats were the best in the league this year. Problem is, you have to show up every Sunday, especially this time of year. Pats and Falcons didn't last week. Jets and Bears this week.

I have no dawg in this fight, but I kinda like to see GB win it, the Pack is BACK!!!

reason, a little town the size of freeking Orange Park Florida, almost, somehow manages to field this NFL football team.....and for decades now....

talk about commitment, course, there is nothing ELSE to do up there in winter.....:bump::quote::smash:

Go GB! Rogers is shaping up to be another great franchise qb for them.

Go GB! Rogers is shaping up to be another great franchise qb for them.

I've been a life long Bears fan. Go Haney(or whatever his name is). Cuter is overrated. Bears coaching also sucks.

Steelers looked the best of the 4 teams yesterday. Pack is going to need an all out awesome game to beat the Steelers.

As a life long Cowboys fan, it is my sworn duty to root against the Steelers. Sorry clutchdust. :drink:

I know what you mean about them being bad for your health. Cowboys too. Especially since Jerry effen Jones decided he was God's gift to football genius. Tell you what - I'll trade you owners.

Good luck.

DC

I don't have a favorite in the game. I think it will be a good one, both teams are playing great.

As a life long Cowboys fan, it is my sworn duty to root against the Steelers. Sorry clutchdust. :drink:

I know what you mean about them being bad for your health. Cowboys too. Especially since Jerry effen Jones decided he was God's gift to football genius. Tell you what - I'll trade you owners.

Good luck.

DC
Not to worry, I hate the Cowboys as much as you hate the Steelers, and for pretty much the exact same reason.
I don't know about trading for JJ, but we'll trade our offensive coordinator for yours.

Good luck.

DC
Not to worry, I hate the Cowboys as much as you hate the Steelers, and for pretty much the exact same reason.
I don't know about trading for JJ, but we'll trade our offensive coordinator for yours.

To ME, it always was and still IS to an extent...ABC.....Anybody But Colts....goes back to the Baltimore daze yet.....eff em forever.....complicated story....

it even spills over to ABR Anybody But Ravens....

:shocking:

Sadly, GENE, I'm with you somewhat about the Colts. That was such a douche move that to this day I can't pull for them, except when they play one of the teams I really dislike, like Dallas.
As a matter of fact, I'm really not a fan of teams that move. I don't like the Titans, Cardinals or Rams. I don't like the Ravens either but that probably has as much to do with a division rivalry as it does with them being the old Art Modell Browns.

Sadly, GENE, I'm with you somewhat about the Colts. That was such a douche move that to this day I can't pull for them, except when they play one of the teams I really dislike, like Dallas.
As a matter of fact, I'm really not a fan of teams that move. I don't like the Titans, Cardinals or Rams. I don't like the Ravens either but that probably has as much to do with a division rivalry as it does with them being the old Art Modell Browns.

Goes back before that by a fair amount......DC used to have both baseball and football, baseball moved outta town....so the DC ball fans went and rooted their asses off for the O's in Balto.....fine,

then when the Colts left in the night, did their fans come root for the skins?? no no and HELL no....B'town is Btown all the way, bunch of one way SOB's, fucing DIODES....

all this shit got noticed in the younger set when it all went down...the town only being 30 miles apart....pretty much all one city now a daze....

course us all in together at Univ/Maryland campus in College Park Md....it became quite obvious....

:cussing: