Note from Steve....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Thanks for the INFO on VETTEMOD...... Appreciate it. Apparently there are GMAIL problems, which is the only email I have right now..... Hard to keep track of so many websites, passwords, etc... So until I get GMAIL problems sorted out with the administrator, Dont think I will be getting in there.... Good cars there TOO! I never would havethought of puttig a C6 on a C3 car... It looks AWESOME to me.... Seems not too many appreciated the work it took, and it turned out pretty spectacular.. Especially with the Z06 body on it. PLease pass on my Congratulations..... Job well done!

I am assuming you found me via Robert and theMako buildup ongoing project... I'm recovering from surgery.. again...
so things have stopped momentarily... Biting at the bullet to get going again..
I"m interested to know what YOUR car is.... and who the guy with the MAKO SHARK with the scissor doors is all about..
It looks pretty nice.
Your screen name MrVette72 is a hint... Convertible? Stock? Modified? I have a 72 Convertible that is in stages also..
Looking for parts to complete it.. But in the mean time, MAKO is on my mind 24/7... It's getting exciting..

I Put ROBERT on this as a CC so I wouldn't have to type things twice..... I found the ALUMINUM EPOXY I need to make the molds and ordered it... I was SHOCKED by the prices... $80.00 a quart for the resin, plus another $40 per PINT for hardener. Turns out that the front mold alone is going to run in excess of $5,000.00. And probably half again that much plus for the rear end.
BUT, its going to be PERMANENT MOLDS... stronger than aluminum with a hard enough finish that it will be perfect for continual use. SO it's worth putting the money into them... AND the bodies are going to be DIMENSIONALLY ACCURATE and stable from one body to the next...
I also solvedthe problem with documenting individual panels and parts... The Supplier I am using has metal plates you put numbers and letters into when making the mold... Every part there after will have it casted into the part. PLUS, I have some
"hologram" foil that will be put INTO the resin when the part is made with specific serial number and MY SIGNATURE on each part. Every part will have it in the same place, so that anyone looking will be able to know EXACTLY where to look... and anyone trying to take the serial numbers OFF, will destroy the part instead....
SO: Things are coming together.

ROBERT: I saw your question on the website.. THE HORN BUTTON is precisely SIXTY THREE MILLIMETERS from side to side, looking at it from the driver position... THere is a lot more room in back, and rivets etc. But the "CLEAR WINDOW" part is 63mm wide, ((I measured with the flags straight across the widest part))

SO, thanks again Gene for putting me in touch with another Forum site. Look forward to hearing from you again ad getting INTO the site.. MAKOSHARK2.COM is the other SHARK site.. dont know if it was you or someone else looking for it.
Talk to you soon, and UPDATED PHOTOS COMING SOON! Just have to get some manpower to help so I don't tear out staples. Hopefullly only ONE more surgery to go.. Two weeks in a row is tearing me up... Just had another one yesterday, and one the week prior... Guess the "collateral damage" from getting blown up was more than anyone expected..
Best to everyone!
Steve

Steven M. Kuryla
Chief Warrant Officer (Retired)
U.S. Army Intelligence

T

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM, GENE <[email protected]> wrote:

Spotted a thread on Corvette Forum about your mako shark conversion…..thought maybe you want to go on a site, www.vettemod.com

I'm a member there also….

It's much more into modifications and updates, and body work than you find on the corvette forum site….

GENE SLATER

Shoot me his contact info. Does he have an account? If not, I can manually set it up and he'll be able to use his Gmail account to receive notifications, a lost password and emails. If he does have one, I can change the password for him, or the email to gmail if he wishes. If it already is a gmail one, I set it up for him and can make sure he gets his email

Let me know

Shoot me his contact info. Does he have an account? If not, I can manually set it up and he'll be able to use his Gmail account to receive notifications, a lost password and emails. If he does have one, I can change the password for him, or the email to gmail if he wishes. If it already is a gmail one, I set it up for him and can make sure he gets his email

Let me know

Marck, note sent on to you, with his email addy....

:drink: