Obtaining service

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with Comcast this evening - they screwed up our phone installation last Friday and do not want to correct it for another week or so. I informed them that their attitude was unacceptable and that I needed service immediately. I also went through this same run around earlier this morning for about half an hour, and the same run around yesterday doing the same thing. What a bunch of BUMBLEFUCKS! Not only have they succeeded in annoying the shit out of me, they have wasted my time and their own resources as well. No wonder AMERICA is in such a fucked up state - this shit attitude infects EVERYTHING from education to business to politics. No one wants to step up and do a job, all they want to do is pass it on to some one else.

I have the same problem with the NJ MVC. I renewed 2 registrations ONLINE last Sept. for the 'Vette and one of my vans. I never received the documents in the mail. I called the NJ MVC several weeks ago and got some apathetic bitch who said she would send out duplicates, they never came either. I finally contacted the GOVERNORS office and filed a complaint there too. I got some e-mail responses but I am STILL WAITING for my registration documents. And oh, by the way, if I get stopped and can not produce a current registration document I will be ticketed and fined. Ain't life in America GRAND? Oh, the bitch also told me if I wanted to I could go to the MVC in person and PAY for duplicates. Like I want to invest my time, effort and money in correcting HER FUCKING INABILITY TO DO HER JOB! A typical government employee attitude is WHO GIVES A RATS ASS? :club: No wonder our country is in such a state.....

I spent 53 years in the DC area of Maryland, and so had to fight the Md, DMV over all sorts of shit from time to time.....and so found out that ANY office of their even NEAR the DC/Baltimore corridor was IX NAY.....

so to drive up to HAGERSTOWN MD.....near the I 270/ I 81 interchange area.....

walk in with NO lines, to the station person with NO wait, and get business done correctly on the FIRST SHOT because there was a SMART person on the other end of the counter, enjoy a ~40 min drive back home.....had to take a day off to DO it, not that it mattered a whit damn, spend the day on a pleasant drive, and 20 minits in/out....or standing in line with a itchy trigger finger.....:hunter::hunter::club:

Jan. 14, 2011.

Comcast was supposed to show up today between 7 am and 11 am to fix the telephones. Guess what?

Smart aren't you?

Son's of bitches didn't show up, even after confirming the appointment several times....

I can't fucking win :suicide:

I with Comcast now, and paying like 75/month for basic cable (unused) and internet....

when looking at mobile internet like off Sprint's network at Best Buy this morning, they said buy the USB plug in module, about the size of a thumb drive....and subscribe at 40 bux/month unlimited......I dunno about speed though....

but I wonder if maybe dumping Comcast and somehow connecting my router to that port trick and save 35 bux/month.....use it here, AND on the road....

:harhar:

Verizon FiOs: Signed a contract for service. Scheduled to show up Saturday morning. My wife and I took turns sitting at home while the other did errands. Got a call at about 11:00 AM. They were running late would be out in the afternoon. Sat around again. 4:00 PM got a call - they couldn't make it, they'd be out first thing Monday. I told them to forget it and I cancelled the contract. Two years passed and we tried again. This time they were on time. I said I would cancel again if they weren't on time.

Time-Warner Cable: The cable box at the TV failed. I called for service and they said I had to bring the box in and exchange it for a working box. I had been pre-warned by a co:worker, this would not only taking the time to drive there but also I'd stand in line. I'm not a great line stander. What to do? Astounding, although they wouldn't come out to replace the box, they would come out and pick it up if I cancelled service!!!!!!!!What kind of a business model is this? Easy solultion. I canceled my service, they picked up the box, and I bought a DirectTV setup and have been happy ever after.

As for the Motor Vehicles...Here in Ca, the So Cal Auto Club does pretty much everything except license photos, eye tests. They have intelligent helpful imployees. When I went to register my 68, I had lost all paperwork: title and the car had been stored for so long it had disappeared from the Ca database. All I had was the car. I got a legal title, got it registered, tagged,had it inspected. The Auto Club lady was very helpful, turns out she and her husband had a late 60's Chevelle. Wouldn't happen a the Ca DMV.

At this point I am considering filing a civil suit against comcast for damages, fraud and theft as well as psychological abuse. I may not win anything but it'll sure wake the mutherfuckers up!

I decided to call ATT and must have burnt up 30 minits trying to get the right person even AFTER looking at what I thought was intelligently at their web site....but anyway....finally got the right guy, so he SAYS......I can get ATT Uverse coverage...wireless 6 megs....covering my house....supposedly....I HAD a gig called Clearwire but coverage was sketchy at best...more drop outs than a HS prom.....so back to Comcast.....

SO ATT sez, 100 bux for the gear/modem/whatever....supposedly good for 6 megs anywhere on their 3 g network....and that's virtually nation wide....
and TWENTY bux a month?? I told him to send the information....I see it in writing, that's fine.....I told him of the troubles that on the ROAD in the camper, the USB thing is fine, no sweat...but in the house...I need to connect to the ethernet output port on the router.....that presently connects to the Comcast modem.....so their gear needs connect to BOTH, but not both at the same time, the Laptop is used here in the house, but will come with us on the road.....

I will see.....I don't believe that 20/month for ISP especially wireless...no fucking way man.....120 bux/month maybe but not 20.....

customer SERVICE?? who knows???

:club::club::nuts::banned:

Gene...3G is "third generation" cell phone data transfer rate, from about 50 kb/sec. Fixed (home) use is up to 1.5 mb/sec. MAX., about the same as DSL. You will probably see less. Not very fast by today's standards. My home cable is about 8 mb/sec. Some newer gear may be closer to 2mb/sec...but still much slower than cable.

Gene...3G is "third generation" cell phone data transfer rate, from about 50 kb/sec. Fixed (home) use is up to 1.5 mb/sec. MAX., about the same as DSL. You will probably see less. Not very fast by today's standards. My home cable is about 8 mb/sec. Some newer gear may be closer to 2mb/sec...but still much slower than cable.

Well, I guess it depends on how fast is fast enough.....I remember years ago that IF my 56k dialup modem worked good, I could get to a page and even converse almost as fast as I do now...so it was 2 blinks of my eye instead of one....so what??

but obviously shit got overloaded pretty quick and service was slo some time....I thought it was probably some bank doing their service/trunk suckup trick in the afternoon/evening hours....still think I see that affect even today....

:friends:

Gene
They're all full of shit, almost all of them are in class action suits for marketing and billing malpractice.

The is no way in hell you're going to get 6 megs with an air card, even if you're right beside a tower.:suspicious:
The new data 4g system that att hasen't fully implemented yet is projected to give .87 megabytes/sec and compared to wifi that's dirt slow.

All the providers limit you to 5gigs/month, then rape you.

There are so many wifi spots that you really have to have a bad habit to need more and it's free.

If going with att, physically go to a store and order with a written receipt detailing your plans etc., otherwise you'll be fighting the billing every month like we are. get bills every month for our daughters texting close to 1000 bucks when we ordered the plan for 10 bucks/month, but they cannot find it every month and deny we ordered it. Bet they make out on a gazillion customers that don't bother to dispute.
Be careful:toothbrush:

http://mobile-broadband-services-review.toptenreviews.com/

http://mobile-broadband-services-review.toptenreviews.com/at-amp-t-review.html

I got Comcast installed a few years ago, worked great the first nite when installed. Came home the next day, didn't work, called them and was told the earliest repair appointment was 3 weeks away so I cancelled it.
They couldn't repair it right away, but they were able to cut the service including the telephone and tv in less than 30 minutes.:banghead: