the CSI pewter99 actually at work, hiding from the CF

Geoff Coenen

It use to be the other way around.

What goes around comes around. > http://www.docrebuild.com/curr-evnt/currentevents-137.html >

It does appear that Robert Briggs has modified his free wheeling. Yesterday he was not vicariously prancing about the CF as usual - all day long. Nor today either; apparently tongue tied.

CF even put his last activity date back on line, but some of their other public service union (free) CF employees are still hiding theirs. They will do anything to protect a free labor force of desk bound cops, CSIs, troopers, EMS, etc.

CSI: You can run, but you can't hide. :D

more to come

It use to be the other way around.

What goes around comes around. > http://www.docrebuild.com/curr-evnt/currentevents-137.html >

It does appear that Robert Briggs has modified his free wheeling. Yesterday he was not vicariously prancing about the CF as usual - all day long. Nor today either; apparently tongue tied.

CF even put his last activity date back on line, but some of their other public service union (free) CF employees are still hiding theirs. They will do anything to protect a free labor force of desk bound cops, CSIs, troopers, EMS, etc.

CSI: You can run, but you can't hide. :D

more to come

Geoff, you have my whole hearted support. Life is like a wheel and pewter prick is long overdue to receive some of what he has been dishing out.

sherrif deputies aren't real cops. In general, the less they do, the better off the public is.

It seems that Pewter is a control freak and on a power trip.
I think Pewter gives cops a bad name.

Yep. They love to enforce the laws "As they interpret it." People like that can spin and justify anything they want to do. Kudos Geoff. He is a puke .

If a website only allows posters to post negative comments about your business, doesn't this present a cause of action for libel? I vaguely remember causes of action for unfair business practices, but since CF is not a competitor to your business this may not apply. Besides "unfair business practices" sounds a little wussie. 35 years out of law school, and I kinda forget this stuff.

Pouring oil on the fire...

Since you seem to speak your mind, I'd be curious to know what are your grievance about Gary Ramadei.
When you google him, your page about him is in the top results.
Like most of the people I've read on the vette forum I have nothing but compliment about him and his work.

Last edited:
Since you seem to speak your mind, I'd be curious to know what are your grievance about Gary Ramadei.
Like most of the people I've read on the vette forum I have nothing but compliment about him and his work.

Not taking either side, but if you read the quotes from the link you provided it answers your own question.

Not taking either side, but if you read the quotes from the link you provided it answers your own question.
Naive newbie expecting both parts to chime in and get this sorted out, but I guess you're right, I should mind my own business.

And here I am in the middle, surely having met both guys years ago at Carlisle, and been 'net friends for long time.....

:clobbered:

You can go back & read what I wrote. It is clear & succinct and it's something Gary Ramadei and his counsel read over 10 years ago – as in 2000 AD. When asked to defend his printed slurs about my products, and fabrications about them being imports, he collapsed like a hot air balloon. Either that or pay me a civil judgment. Anyone can have an opinion, but that is different than publishing a malicious fabrication about some business, it's products or their origin.

I did not pulled his name out of the phone book, because I was looking or something to do. Prior to 2000, I never had heard of him or had any contact, business, personal or casual. I still have no direct knowledge of his current practices or services and you are attempting to link disparate events in time.

Maybe hijacking, but WTH....I have been in the Corvette service and restoration business since about 1980. I don't know of ANY vendors who sell only American-made restoration products. I have bought from Doc, on a small time basis, for many years. No problems to speak of....But, if it's not made in the U.S.A., I tell my customers there is NO warranty on the part. Most of the "G.M. Restoration " parts out there are now made in China, and don't fit/perform nearly as good as the original G.M. product. Even A-C Delco products, like clutches, fuel and water pumps are made in China. Just because a part comes in a pretty blue and white box is no guarantee that the part is genuine G.M./American made. Next to the taxes I pay, nothing pisses me off more than low quality parts.

Yet another good reason to be a 'junkyard hotrodder'.....besides the pleasant daze in the sunshine, and tech challenge of making mix/match work....

FAR more difficult than going nutz/bored just replacing shit.....:crap:;)

Maybe hijacking, but WTH....I have been in the Corvette service and restoration business since about 1980. I don't know of ANY vendors who sell only American-made restoration products. I have bought from Doc, on a small time basis, for many years. No problems to speak of....But, if it's not made in the U.S.A., I tell my customers there is NO warranty on the part. Most of the "G.M. Restoration " parts out there are now made in China, and don't fit/perform nearly as good as the original G.M. product. Even A-C Delco products, like clutches, fuel and water pumps are made in China. Just because a part comes in a pretty blue and white box is no guarantee that the part is genuine G.M./American made. Next to the taxes I pay, nothing pisses me off more than low quality parts.

Keep in mind that a lot less people could afford to keep these old cars on the road if cheap parts were not available. You gotta have some pressure there or USA made parts would be out of this world.

If i had to pay $1200 for a rear spindle, i'd just drive mine to the dump and forget it. A lot of older classic cars are hitting the dump or just sitting and rotting because parts and services are way way too high.

A cheap part may be fine for someone who drives their classic 500 miles a year.

Much less the reality that a old car is worth more as a hotrod due to the following they generate, than some olde fart's recollections....why?? the old farts are DEAD, or don't care anymore.....his kids DO....

hense the ~30's Ford convertibles are worth X as a perfect resto...no market....and 3X easy as a steel body hotrod with a Chebby V8 in there....

:gurney::gurney::nuts: