Road Trips... do your wives go?

Luster

Compulsively Anal
Well guys, it's road trip season! I was just curious if your wives/girlfriends go with you or you're bachin-it for those 3-day road trips...

I guess I'm pretty lucky to have a wife who LOVES cruzin', road trips, and Vettes...

Actually all the guys in our group of about 10 Vettes have wives who love the "sport"... Haha..

What about you? Wife go or are you on your own?

Wife goes to the important ones like Carlisle & Effingham and as many as she can when she doesn't have to work. I've got weekends off so I go it alone sometimes, but try to let her know in plenty of time to arrange for someone to take her place at work. My gal supports me when it comes to spending on the Vettes - which I do quite often...:bounce:

My wife is a veteran road tripper in the vette...to many to list over past 29 years...but longest was 7,000 mile round trip coast to coast in 2002 in the 78...

Mrs Bird goes sometimes, but honestly, a weekend is enough. I cannot begin to imagine cross country in one.:suicide:

a weekend is enough. I cannot begin to imagine cross country in one.:suicide:

I'm with you on that one. I'm a big guy and I need to stop every hour and 1/2 to 2 hours just to get out and stretch! I can do that for about 2 days, then I put that sucker in the garage for a few days and let my body recoop!!! haha...;)

I'm with you on that one. I'm a big guy and I need to stop every hour and 1/2 to 2 hours just to get out and stretch! I can do that for about 2 days, then I put that sucker in the garage for a few days and let my body recoop!!! haha...;)

We always stop at half a tank.....(180 miles in the 78....and 80 miles in the 69)....:crylol: