Definatly not a good start in 2011

Belgian1979vette

Most of my family spent the 1st and 2nd in bed sick and today we had to have the vet put our dog (19 years old) to sleep. Definatly not a good start for 2011. :(

Oh, well...

I am so sorry you have lost your dog. You must have taken very good care of him for him to live that long.

Hope you and your family are OK

I am so sorry you have lost your dog. You must have taken very good care of him for him to live that long.

We were getting back on our feet today after the stomach ackes etc. Anyway, yes she became a very old dog. She had a full measure of life, but it's still not a pleasant thing to happen, even though you know that at this age they can die every day.

We were getting back on our feet today after the stomach ackes etc. Anyway, yes she became a very old dog. She had a full measure of life, but it's still not a pleasant thing to happen, even though you know that at this age they can die every day.

Wife Linda here brought in her aging Chiwawa to the marriage/house, and so another 5 years the dawg tried to run off to die, found her in neighbors back yard under a tree, vet put her down.....

some months later it was Christmas time, so I put up 200 bux for another Chiwawa.....so Linda there all ok and all when in walks her daughter with this little mutt in her arms, Linda takes ONE LOOK and just melts....instant bond, here I made it happen but that mutt loved my wife, maybe IF I lucky the mutt will pay attention to me....:crap::blush::drink:

but that's ok, whatever makes wife laugh/grin is cool.....

:drink::drink:

Wife Linda here brought in her aging Chiwawa to the marriage/house, and so another 5 years the dawg tried to run off to die, found her in neighbors back yard under a tree, vet put her down.....

some months later it was Christmas time, so I put up 200 bux for another Chiwawa.....so Linda there all ok and all when in walks her daughter with this little mutt in her arms, Linda takes ONE LOOK and just melts....instant bond, here I made it happen but that mutt loved my wife, maybe IF I lucky the mutt will pay attention to me....:crap::blush::drink:

but that's ok, whatever makes wife laugh/grin is cool.....

:drink::drink:

We already got another 'mutt' about 2,5 years ago, because we thought she wouldn't be here for a long time. Anyway, the new 'mutt' learned her tricks and such. Probably the reason why she lived another 2,5 years.

Despite the fact that her hart was very weak, and the fluid was filling her lungs, she just kept on going, but it was getting so tough that we decided to call in the vet. Never nice, but anyway she didn't suffer too long.

I am sorry for your loss. We went through similar tough times in 2010. 19 years is a long time for a dog, you obviously took good care of her. Only time will lessen your pain, my thoughts are with you....