Bullshark's new home base

Bullshark

After 40 years at McDonnell Douglas / Boeing, I have finally pulled the plug. Life at full retirement was short lived though. I took a job down at Eglin AFB in the Fort Walton Beach area. Couldn't pass up the $$. :bonkers: Me and Bret Farve....:banghead: I had to leave my cars up north until I can sink some roots and figure out the lay of the land. Any Vettemoders down here?
Left my wife up there too. She has to make sure I have a escape path back just in case.:goodevil: I better throw my hat in the front door first, when I come back for visits :lol:

Bullshark

I dunno where FWBeach is, but I"m in the NE corner...Jax....many guys out nearer Pennsey Cola.....active duty types....many guys near Cocoa and Cocoa beach.....many guys near Orlando....

Tim AT flips in/out this state for work vacations some times,

DAmoroso lives down the street, so he negates some of my negative attributes....:rofl::3rd:

and it's a GREAT state for decently high speed cruising....common to rip 55-60 on 45 mph commercial divided highways....multi lane....

80 on the interstates is normal....some daze I doing 80 and get my doors blown off, if it's a GERMAN car, I raise hell with him....

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Couldn't pass up the $$.

This seems to be the prevailing sentiment right now. Money is more important than time. I don't get it. Where is the tipping point?. A couple of guys i work with are the same way. I guess for some its just too scary and different not to have a job after 40 years.

Couldn't pass up the $$.

This seems to be the prevailing sentiment right now. Money is more important than time. I don't get it. Where is the tipping point?. A couple of guys i work with are the same way. I guess for some its just too scary and different not to have a job after 40 years.

After pushing 40 for 20 years in electronics, I felt a HUGE relief to push my own home remodeling business for some 25 years.....

very irregular schedule...but mostly only 32 hours a week, if that, sometimes...more time for hotrods, my own house, etc.....boats....

:smash::smash::twitch::thumbs:

I left Eglin in March for a job here in Colorado Springs. I did security for a lot of you engineer types for F35 stuff. The wife and I hated that part of Florida. The humidity there just sucks. Spent an year there and drove by the beach a few times but never stopped. Not a fan of sand. I've got a house for sale in Crestview :)

Couldn't pass up the $$.

Time is fixed. It "is" what it's going to be. So, the the purpose of life for the remaining time is to make the most of it doing what makes you happy. For me a challenging job associated with state of the art technology keeps the juices flowing. The difference now is I don't have to deal with all the management BS and stress of trying to climb the ladder. Nice to know if you don't like what your doing, do something else. The money is icing on the cake. From all my business trips down here over the years, the summer weather isn't much different than StL It's just hot longer.:surrender:

East St. Louis huh Bryan. My wife is from the East Side. Way back when.:suicide:

Last edited:
OVER ALL cost of living, in this state, from what I hear...hard to beat St. Johns or Clay or Putnam counties.....best of luck man.....my only comment is I wish I had moved here maybe 40 years earlier....

What that chick say?? come on down and see me sometime'....that was Donna off the internet in about '96 or so....nothing about HER particularly just that she was the reason I settled here in Florida once visiting this area....

as opposed to knowing NO ONE out in Vegas or SW regions.....

She was a corvette person also....

:goodevil:

Just around the corner

FWB = Red Neck Riveria = My home port/town.
I'm deployed right now - but I'm stationed @ Eglin. (And its been my homebase for 30 years -- but seems like I'm never there.)

BryanB75 - Crestview! Did you know Scott @ the vette shop in C'view?
Bullshark - you know we've got a a Dyno in FWB - right? Lets get a brew in about 11-12 weeks when I get back!
mrvette - west on 10. exit at Crestview - 85 south - beach water = FWB! If you get to P-cola - you had to pass HOLT - our 1/8 mile strip (about 14-15 miles from FWB).

Cheers - Jim

I'm deployed right now - but I'm stationed @ Eglin. (And its been my homebase for 30 years -- but seems like I'm never there.)

Bullshark - you know we've got a a Dyno in FWB - right? Lets get a brew in about 11-12 weeks when I get back!
mrvette - west on 10. exit at Crestview - 85 south - beach water = FWB! If you get to P-cola - you had to pass HOLT - our 1/8 mile strip (about 14-15 miles from FWB).

Cheers - Jim

I been working on a motor home project here, and ASAP wife and I want to start touring Florida, first....I never seen Key West, and much of anything on the west coast...so to follow rt98 up that a way......maybe another trip out to Pcola area....I want to see all that too, LOVE a cooks tour of the airbase, wife probably be bored, but not ME>>>>>

:drink::drink:

No, didn't have my vette then and had no plans to get one. I just traded for this one in October from my brother in law.