Head lights 1976

Cherry

DREAD NAUGHT
Wondering if anyone has moved the head light into the grill turn signal area. The deplorable pop ups,,, plus that would remove all the vac, This 1976 can go any direction as for mods. It is a major mod and now is the time to do it, If not I have the drive motors which came out of a 1995,,, any ideas on that approach?

I have read all the other ways to make them electric.

I personally have not preformed this mod.......but it shouldn't be to big an undertaking........
Especially if you have a Fiberglass replacement cover already installed.
I would look for a late '70s or early '80s auto that had the fiberglass
header panel.....(example.....Chevy Caprice had 4...Malibu had 2)....
and cut the headlamp buckets out and then just glass/fab them to the inside of the cover.
(Having the prefab bucket will be half your battle.) :thumbs:

ECKLER'S sold a kit for this type mod back in the day....But I'm sure this stuff
has long since been discontinued.

Here's a page from an ECKLER'S catalog from 1979 showing the mod mentioned.
Second Row Left.

Headlamp-Mod.jpg

I thank you for this information, its solves 80% of the problem,,, now to find the parts. thanks again

Rich

I personally have not preformed this mod.......but it shouldn't be to big an undertaking........
Especially if you have a Fiberglass replacement cover already installed.
I would look for a late '70s or early '80s auto that had the fiberglass
header panel.....(example.....Chevy Caprice had 4...Malibu had 2)....
and cut the headlamp buckets out and then just glass/fab them to the inside of the cover.
(Having the prefab bucket will be half your battle.) :thumbs:

ECKLER'S sold a kit for this type mod back in the day....But I'm sure this stuff
has long since been discontinued.

Here's a page from an ECKLER'S catalog from 1979 showing the mod mentioned.
Second Row Left.

Headlamp-Mod.jpg

Good stuff, would love to get rid of the electric crap on the front of my C2,:cool:

Sounds like a good idea, but I would be a little worried about airflow disruption to the radiator. I'm not sure how major of an issue it would be though. If it isn't I think that would be something a lot of us would be interested in.

Sounds like a good idea, but I would be a little worried about airflow disruption to the radiator. I'm not sure how major of an issue it would be though. If it isn't I think that would be something a lot of us would be interested in.

Good Point.............
One person that should be able to answer that question would be "84rzv500r".
Here's a pic of his car.

DSC005871.JPG

I don't think the cooling issue will be much of a problem, as the "buckets" do not block the openings in the valance. A front spoiler will direct enough air to help compensate, but also a lexan cover over the buckets will divert the flow to the center grill area. I am installing the old Ecklers kit (bottom right image on catalog page) with the blanks for the original opening. Instead of the dual rectangular bulbs, I'll be installing dual projectors.

Dave

I have done it with the stock round headlights. Give me til Wednesday when I get home from college and I will snap you some pictures.