"cheap" manual conversion, reality check

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
Ok guy, first thank you very much for all the input.
I've been looking for world class T5, kinda rare here up north, found some around 600-700$ in the US, add clutch, pedal setup and shipping and it blows way out of my current budget.
I'd love to have a manual, but I'll have to wait, so many things to get finished right now.
So here's my problem, my new birdcage as a manual trans tunnel, and the stock auto shifter just won't fit. I there a way to setup a auto shifter in such configuration without having to butcher my trans tunnel? I'm not looking for something perfect, just good enough to be able to drive the car while I gather enough resources for the auto to manual conversion.

Ok guy, first thank you very much for all the input.
I've been looking for world class T5, kinda rare here up north, found some around 600-700$ in the US, add clutch, pedal setup and shipping and it blows way out of my current budget.
I'd love to have a manual, but I'll have to wait, so many things to get finished right now.
So here's my problem, my new birdcage as a manual trans tunnel, and the stock auto shifter just won't fit. I there a way to setup a auto shifter in such configuration without having to butcher my trans tunnel? I'm not looking for something perfect, just good enough to be able to drive the car while I gather enough resources for the auto to manual conversion.

YES, it is fairly easy to do too, MY setup runs a 200 4r with just a lever from the stick shift....course I had to weld it up but I forget just exactly what I did as I have a old 5 buck HURST lever from a car show table....mounted to the modified stock shifter base, and another strut going forward to the frame...

used a stock shift rod going forward to the tranny lever.....

to take it apart for pix is a bit much, but I willing to talk about it.....

maybe come later this winter, I contemplating a whole bunch of work, it may get into that area, and if so, I can send pix then....right NOW the car is driveable.....

:gurney::drink: