275/50/15 rears and 245/50/15 fronts

Yellow73SB

What do you think of this combo? I think I'll get hoosier a6's in this size

Or maybe 275 front and rear

Last edited:
I would prefer those but for the cost of the wheels I could have another set of tires

Can you get the hoosier 275 under the stock fender? You know the tw is 10" with the sw somthing over 10". You going with the A compound?

Can you get the hoosier 275 under the stock fender? You know the tw is 10" with the sw somthing over 10". You going with the A compound?

I kind of dont want to spend 900 dollars on autocross but at least they will last maybe a year and they will help hone my skills more

I know how you feel. Sometimes its a hard call. Food or tires,,, A few years ago a racer we knew died,, his brother had to take the engine out of his dead brothers GT1 car and sell it to cover the burial expense..

On the hoosier web site, keep a eye on discontinued tires. You can sometimes really get a really good deal and free shipping. We found a set of slicks for Pop's 2002, only $75 each.

Dude 16x8 steel racing wheels are like 90 bucks.

I just looked again the sizes I mentioned are only available for road race compound

But I found discontinued circle track tires that are 26.5x9x15 for 60 dollar a piece and I'm going to get those

Edit: they also have 27x11x15. I'll get those for the rear

Edit2: One is treaded and one is slick though, I wonder if that matters? Hopefully they are the same compounds

Last edited:
I used to have 275/60-15s under my fenders. Rubbed on the front.

My 26.5x8x15 circle track rub on the frame and sway bar

I hope the 9" tires don't buldge out as much

I think they have something like a 11.5" section width

Last edited:
get the slicks, the treads are spec tires for certain tracks. Dont know about rubbing, I ran 26x8x15 with stock front fenders.

But slicks aren't available in the discontinued section

Check out hoosiers discontinued and you'll see the tires I'm talking about

I think I'm going to try the 27x11x15 on a 10" on the front

I might have to hack the fenders out and then get some flares

It will be bad when this happens

x20080309xti%20265.jpg

I think I'm now gonna try 17x13x15 rears on 15x12's with the 27x11x15's on the front with 15x10's. I need to wait for the 27x11's to arrive first so I can see what compound they are. The steel 15x12's weight 24 pounds though :(

Should grip like no tomorrow though :D

Flares will definately be necessary now

It going to have quite a transformation in less than a year since I started auto-x

It should end up like these

069_bspv_a.jpg

067_bspv_jpg.jpg

068_bspv_jpg.jpg

Last edited:
four extra large garbage bags, tie shut. nice pics, where do find them. Flares are in your future.

Last edited:
Y73sb....the pix you have above of those chrome race cars, they DO all have flares I presume, NO?? reason I ask is that when I look at them, the previous owner (s) of my car did something like that years ago....the cut lines, and distances seem about the same....

and when examining other chrome sharks....methinks my car has some sort of flare on all 4 corners....but no more than later sharks....

you have any real information/comment on my observations???

Update I got the tires and the wheels but the wheels have humongous holes for the wheel studs. The hole is 5/8"

101_1818.jpg

101_1819.jpg

101_1817.jpg

101_1816.jpg

they also will have 45 degree lug seats,,

have fun knocking the green off your tires....

How do you knock the green off?

Aren't I supposed to heat cycle them first?