Sometimes feels like I'm putting my d!(k in a vice!

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Last year I did some tune up work on the Holley on the c3. I put in some fat #74 jets because the #70s that were in there seemed to run a little lean. I also replaced the floats with the black foam kind since the plastic secondary float was leaking when I got it.
Well the car just sucks down gas something fierce so I thought I'd try splitting the difference and getting some #72 jets, which I did today. Should be really simple to swap, right? Not if I have anything to do with it.
I drained the fuel from the bowl and tried to separate the bowl from the metering block but the screwdriver I was using ended up stabbing the float and ripping the gasket. Damn. I put the new jets in and lucky for me, I bought the big rebuilt kit last year. So I go grab a new gasket and an old float so I can get this thing back together. I put the old float in and bolt the bowl back together, but I did it from the passenger side and missed the accelerator pump arm. Back off comes the bowl so I can put that back in. Now I start the car but its pouring fuel out of the venturies. Crap, I need to adjust the needle and seat. I crank it down but then the car just runs out of fuel all together. WTF? So I pull the bowls back off and I need to adjust the tab on the float. I pull the needle and seat to check it and of course the stinking o-ring comes apart on the way out. Crap! Back to the kit for a needle and seat since I've already used up the o-rings that came in the kit. I put it in but knock off the screw and gaskets that lock the needle and seat off the car. Now I have to look under the car but no sign of the screw or gaskets. I get the gaskets out of the kit, but of course there's no locking screw in the kit. Where the hell did it go? It must be somewhere in the motor. Took me 10 minutes to find the the thing. Managed to land on top of the motor mount. How the hell does this crap happen?
So basically a 15 minute job takes me an hour and a half. If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.

Gary,
You had me in stitches. Kinda like watching Doug work. LMAO
:phone:

Now you know how I felt about tearing that 700 r4 outta the motor home, for a simple damn valve I didn't clean in the pump.....it was the lockup valve, stuck fast in the unlock position.....

took me 2 daze....

:hissyfit::hissyfit::censored:

Thanks for the morning chuckle Gary. I don't know how mechanics made any money servicing these cars. It seems that most of the things that I do on it turn out like your llittle adventure. The best one that I had was when I dropped the brake clevis pin and simply couldn't find it. I ended up ordering a new one and waiting two weeks for it. About a year later, I found the old pin sitting on the floor mat. It was like a ghost was holding on to it and dropped it on the mat for no apparent reason.

Man, you just made me feel so much better about myself!!

I was just telling the wife about me creaming into the floor today cuz I stepped off the ladder, apparently about four rungs up still???? WTF, I did that twice today but the first time I was only two rungs up and got away with it.:bonkers:

You need to read between the lines and figure out what you are being told.

I'll help you: get rid of the Holley.