Cameras and a comment.....

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
Fist, I changed camera, the old trusty canon 1.3mp might be good for reference picture, when I come to picture for posting, it was crap. Denpo quote......another thread.....

Other than a sales gimmick anyone know what is about this pixel count on newer digital cameras??

like some years ago, wife too a 4.1 meg pix of a bridge in San Antonio, neat shot, and so she got it blown up to 32" wide and 24" high....that actual size of the pix on the paper, so we hang it on the wall.....not one pixel in it, great detail, and so....

Of course it was a little palm size camera that just sat there and took pix using maybe two? AA batteries.....shoot all damn day long, not a problem....
and of course the cats knocked it on the floor one time too many and it died, it's replacement is some monster with TEN megs, and FOUR AA batteries....eats batteries like dinner, crazy....

and I don't see the use of all those megs, especially when sites like this or most others get the pix count reduced to like 250k for posting.....

so WTF is the difference?? how many folks would ever think to blow up any pix they take to wall size, she only did it because she had a client with the capability of doing it.....for the right price.....

Comments anyone??:photo:

Fist, I changed camera, the old trusty canon 1.3mp might be good for reference picture, when I come to picture for posting, it was crap. Denpo quote......another thread.....

Other than a sales gimmick anyone know what is about this pixel count on newer digital cameras??

like some years ago, wife too a 4.1 meg pix of a bridge in San Antonio, neat shot, and so she got it blown up to 32" wide and 24" high....that actual size of the pix on the paper, so we hang it on the wall.....not one pixel in it, great detail, and so....

Of course it was a little palm size camera that just sat there and took pix using maybe two? AA batteries.....shoot all damn day long, not a problem....
and of course the cats knocked it on the floor one time too many and it died, it's replacement is some monster with TEN megs, and FOUR AA batteries....eats batteries like dinner, crazy....

and I don't see the use of all those megs, especially when sites like this or most others get the pix count reduced to like 250k for posting.....

so WTF is the difference?? how many folks would ever think to blow up any pix they take to wall size, she only did it because she had a client with the capability of doing it.....for the right price.....

Comments anyone??:photo:
For me mostly brand matters. Canon, way to go. Sony, good quality but more pricey. Bought inexpensive small Canon camera which work with 2 AA for my wife, results are stunning. With the same MP rating you can go from awesome to crappy.

Gotta tell ya Gene, I agree with denpo on this one. Brand seems to matter, I have a Sony I took with me to the desert, it's a Cybershot, 8.1 mega pixel and it works really really well. I used it for work, pics that were used in presentations that had to be really good. It's easy, point and shoot, can take video, on and on. The battery would last so long, I only charged it about every month or so, and I used it to take pics nearly every day. It does take a specific battery though.

Aside from the clarity and sharpness of the pic, I think the pixels matter for working with the pics in some of the photo shop type applications. Blowing up pictures also has a point of diminishing return based on the pixels of the the original. It's just like HD TV, and I know you get that....more information per square inch equals sharper, cleaner, faster, shinyer, etc....

Whatever you get, be sure not to get one that uses standard AA or AAA batteries. Cameras eat those kind like candy. Mine has the flat Li-Ion like a cell phone and lasts for thousands of shots. It's a Kodak easy share.

Whatever you get, be sure not to get one that uses standard AA or AAA batteries. Cameras eat those kind like candy. Mine has the flat Li-Ion like a cell phone and lasts for thousands of shots. It's a Kodak easy share.
On the same idea, get a Camera that use SD card. Sony tend to use memory stick, often more expensive and that can't be reused with other electronic devices, that's why I'm sticking with Canon.

Canon is my favorite too but I recently bought a small Fuji 12MP camera - just a cheap point and shoot - $100 at BestBuy, internal battery is rechargeable and last very long, huge display and uses SD card... photo quality is not as good as Canon IMO but it's less than half the price.
I think this Fuji was on BlackFriday sale for $69.... :hissyfit:

Canon is my favorite too but I recently bought a small Fuji 12MP camera - just a cheap point and shoot - $100 at BestBuy, internal battery is rechargeable and last very long, huge display and uses SD card... photo quality is not as good as Canon IMO but it's less than half the price.

Fucking China, here I paid like 250 bux almost 3 years ago for this Fuji...

just like Harbor Freight....for a Stainless 12 volt water pump...vanes, not diaphram...50 lbs pressure....great for sink/shower.etc....30 bux....

I hate it, but really...30 bux....Kiss my Ass....always some other outfit cutting the throats....

:bonkers::censored:

Fucking China,

Japanese :D

Fucking China,

Ummhumm....check the BOX...got that big MIC on there...Made In China....

bet ME?? at any rate not Japan....

:flash:

Fucking China,

hum, not that sure it's entirely make in China. What makes a great camera is the sensor and the optic. Both are high tech/precision/quality stuff, not sure It's produced in China.

Fucking China,

hum, not that sure it's entirely make in China. What makes a great camera is the sensor and the optic. Both are high tech/precision/quality stuff, not sure It's produced in China.

TRADE SECRET, damn sure the customer will never know for sure....

what that old addy....'Only her hairdresser knows for sure'...??

I forget what the addy was about, but it was used in a sexual comment way by us 'kids' back when....

50? years ago....

:gurney: