One of these days I'm going to laugh about this

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Long story
I needed to go out of town today, just the next town over so I could register my truck and park my trailer at our property so it's not sitting out on the street all the time. I get everything loaded up and finally get on the road. As I'm going up the mountain I'm having a hard time even doing 50. The truck just feels like I'm dragging an anchor. Then all of a sudden I hear BANG! Then I have nothing. Engine is still running, it's in gear but there is just this terrible grinding sound. I pull off to the side and throw it in park but the truck rolls back. I set the e-brake and get out to check, I look under the truck and see steam/smoke pouring out of the transfer case (truck has a PTO). So just to check I throw the truck in drive and sure as shit, the input shaft spins but I have nothing on the output shaft. I can't wait to see how expensive this is going to be.
But the day didn't go without its share of comedy. Now remember, I'm going up the mountain when this all happened. I called a friend who will come and tow me home but to make it easier on him I wanted to get the truck closer to town. So I slowly start rolling back down the mountain but with the trailer I'm all over the place. If I could just get everything turned around I knew I'd be fine. Problem is, the highway is really busy so turning both the truck and trailer around in a single one-shot effort with all the traffic is just not something I'm going to risk. So it strikes me that I should drop the trailer, turn the truck around, turn the trailer around and then reconnect everything. Sounds simple enough. Remember the part about the mountain? Well, I had a wheel chock which I thought I would just put in front of the wheel at the tongue, I have a wheeled jackstand on the front of the trailer. I put the chock in front of that wheel and jacked the tongue off the ball hitch. Next thing I know I'm chasing a trailer down the mountain. Fortunately, I had enough of a grip and I was able to steer the trailer into the ditch and keep it from going into the travel lanes. Now I have a new problem, trailer is in the ditch and my truck only goes the direction of gravity. I let the truck roll back just up to the trailer and chock the wheels, then take out my one of my ratchet straps. 6 inches at a time I pull this trailer out of the ditch. Just as I get the trailer back on the road a DOT truck pulls up and offers assistance. They were kind enough to hook the trailer up and to their truck and pull it across the road to a large clearing. I thanked them and told them I had help on the way. Once the traffic broke I rolled the truck across the road to the same clearing. I was about to give up on the situation but thought as long as I have time I might as well hook up the trailer and see how far I can go. I ended up getting the truck and trailer back on the highway and was probably doing upwards of 50 for the better part of the way. I ended up making it about 10 miles back into town before I ran out of steam and had to pull over. Turned out to be about as good as I could have asked though because I made it to the intersection of a major crossroad and made it easy for my friend to meet up with me.
He couldn't get off work for a while so I had to kill about 3 hours on the side of the road before he finally showed up. Finally, he did, we hooked my truck to his with my strap and mosied on home at about 45mph. The tow was actually the easiest part of the day.

wow, that's not really how you want to spend your day but it sure will stay in your memory for quiet a while LOL

when I here "trailer and mountain" I think of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyXgMal3C1U[/ame]

enjoy !!!!

May I join. Two weeks ago, Sunday.
I get out drive my dog to the dog park, get in the car, press the antitheft remote button.... nothing.
Ok, must the battery, it did it to me once.
I grab my bike to get new battery, you know those pricey 12v one, those that looks like a fat AAA.
Crap, flat tire on my bike.
Allright then, I walk to the Canadian Tire 4 blocks away. Get those batteries and new bike tube while I'm at it. I get back home, confident all would be sorted out. Was wrong.
With the new battery remote still do shit. Already had a couple of sudden shutdown with the car, not a mechanical stall, the car would just switch of the ignition. The whole antitheft-remote start stuff is gone for good.
Anyway, let's at least fix the bike, I need it to get to work the day after.
I check the size of the tire I just bought, nice try, tube is the wrong size.
Back to the store, get my tube changed to.... nothing, they don't have the size I need. Sweet. I get a tube fixing kit, and some cash overpaid, and get back one a second time.
I remove my bike rear wheel, and start fixing the tube. The hole was extremely small, and couldn't find on the tires any clues of what happened.
I inflate the 'fixed' tube.. another hole, just as tiny as the first one, and anothe one. Ok, the tube is shot.
While i'm at it (the root of all troubles), I check the wheel bearings, huge play, I losen a little bit the nut on the axe, and I see bit of crushed bearing pouring.
Sign of the gods, I get back inside and decide to do nothing anymore this day, I'm cursed.
Hopefully for the gods, my girl ask me to use the scanner who was on another computer not usable at the moment. I install the drivers on my own computer, I reboot, just to discover my USB port are gone. Only the old keyboard remain, a bit short to surf the web or even check you mails.

There is some day like that.

I have been known to sling a wrench through a fender....steel fender....it had a tad of velocity on it, landing end on....oh well....

:banghead::ill::eek:

I get out drive my dog to the dog park, get in the car, press the antitheft remote button.... nothing.
I grab my bike to get new battery, you know those pricey 12v one, those that looks like a fat AAA.
Allright then, I walk to the Canadian Tire 4 blocks away. Get those batteries and new bike tube while I'm at it. I get back home, confident all would be sorted out. Was wrong.
With the new battery remote still do shit. Already had a couple of sudden shutdown with the car, not a mechanical stall, the car would just switch of the ignition. The whole antitheft-remote start stuff is gone for good.
Back to the store, get my tube changed to.... nothing, they don't have the size I need. Sweet. I get a tube fixing kit, and some cash overpaid, and get back one a second time.
I remove my bike rear wheel, and start fixing the tube. The hole was extremely small, and couldn't find on the tires any clues of what happened.
I inflate the 'fixed' tube.. another hole, just as tiny as the first one, and anothe one. Ok, the tube is shot.
While i'm at it (the root of all troubles), I check the wheel bearings, huge play, I losen a little bit the nut on the axe, and I see bit of crushed bearing pouring.
Sign of the gods, I get back inside and decide to do nothing anymore this day, I'm cursed.
Hopefully for the gods, my girl ask me to use the scanner who was on another computer not usable at the moment. I install the drivers on my own computer, I reboot, just to discover my USB port are gone. Only the old keyboard remain, a bit short to surf the web or even check you mails.

Those are days that are made for a good book, or a good movie. Don't even try working on the vette!!! Love the new "tag" line by the way...:)

Those are days that are made for a good book, or a good movie. Don't even try working on the vette!!! Love the new "tag" line by the way...:)

:evil:Hey watch it there buddy, YOU can be found, I CAN hit you, you know.....

:gurney::banned::drink:

Long story
I needed to go out of town today, just the next town over so I could register my truck and park my trailer at our property so it's not sitting out on the street all the time. I get everything loaded up and finally get on the road. As I'm going up the mountain I'm having a hard time even doing 50. The truck just feels like I'm dragging an anchor. Then all of a sudden I hear BANG! Then I have nothing. Engine is still running, it's in gear but there is just this terrible grinding sound. I pull off to the side and throw it in park but the truck rolls back. I set the e-brake and get out to check, I look under the truck and see steam/smoke pouring out of the transfer case (truck has a PTO). So just to check I throw the truck in drive and sure as shit, the input shaft spins but I have nothing on the output shaft. I can't wait to see how expensive this is going to be.
But the day didn't go without its share of comedy. Now remember, I'm going up the mountain when this all happened. I called a friend who will come and tow me home but to make it easier on him I wanted to get the truck closer to town. So I slowly start rolling back down the mountain but with the trailer I'm all over the place. If I could just get everything turned around I knew I'd be fine. Problem is, the highway is really busy so turning both the truck and trailer around in a single one-shot effort with all the traffic is just not something I'm going to risk. So it strikes me that I should drop the trailer, turn the truck around, turn the trailer around and then reconnect everything. Sounds simple enough. Remember the part about the mountain? Well, I had a wheel chock which I thought I would just put in front of the wheel at the tongue, I have a wheeled jackstand on the front of the trailer. I put the chock in front of that wheel and jacked the tongue off the ball hitch. Next thing I know I'm chasing a trailer down the mountain. Fortunately, I had enough of a grip and I was able to steer the trailer into the ditch and keep it from going into the travel lanes. Now I have a new problem, trailer is in the ditch and my truck only goes the direction of gravity. I let the truck roll back just up to the trailer and chock the wheels, then take out my one of my ratchet straps. 6 inches at a time I pull this trailer out of the ditch. Just as I get the trailer back on the road a DOT truck pulls up and offers assistance. They were kind enough to hook the trailer up and to their truck and pull it across the road to a large clearing. I thanked them and told them I had help on the way. Once the traffic broke I rolled the truck across the road to the same clearing. I was about to give up on the situation but thought as long as I have time I might as well hook up the trailer and see how far I can go. I ended up getting the truck and trailer back on the highway and was probably doing upwards of 50 for the better part of the way. I ended up making it about 10 miles back into town before I ran out of steam and had to pull over. Turned out to be about as good as I could have asked though because I made it to the intersection of a major crossroad and made it easy for my friend to meet up with me.
He couldn't get off work for a while so I had to kill about 3 hours on the side of the road before he finally showed up. Finally, he did, we hooked my truck to his with my strap and mosied on home at about 45mph. The tow was actually the easiest part of the day.

Man...that does suck and you will laugh about it some day! That took some balls ( or you are just plain nuts :) ) to turn the thing around and work the truck/trailer down the mountain like that.:crap: