Seriously Crappy thread......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
OR, what to do with the DOO......I been remodeling a FORTY year old class C motor home....

with the intent of using a porta potty/chemical toilet just wife and I....now we pulled some dimensions off various products....and so things can change with the doo doo room at this point....I really don't want a 50 gallon holding tank, got one of them for the kitchen sink, enough already, this thing is only 8000 GVW and 15' of house behind the front seats....

SO, what brands of potties seem best, and then some seem to use bags and some folks on the net seem to suggest double bagging with kitchen trash bags....trick IS....what to do with the bags....and if it's only say 1/2 full in the bag/tank is there a huge problem then on the road...with the obvious spill over???

I note the toilets have a water holding tank...we already have a 40 gallong poly ethelyn water tank....so I figger to use a kitchen type sprayer hose and wash down with that....much better than some slight flush from a 4 gallon tank under the seat....I would think...

so what are all your experiences when camping?? hunting/outdoors....

and IF we buy something that uses bags, where do we dump the bags?? a dumpster??

sorry about my total inexperience in this....but I need good information...

and as to brands?? Thetford at the RV place really worth 2-3X the prices of Coleman/Reliant at other places??

then there are the ones that somehow use a seat on a 5 gallon drywall bucket....for the cheepest price yet....but do the seal well enough we don't get run outta the joint by our own doo doo???

:bonkers::thankyou::eek:h::loveletter:

Toss it on the side of the road like everyone else. Not like you are destroying the gulf of Mexico.

Toss it on the side of the road like everyone else. Not like you are destroying the gulf of Mexico.

Well, all it really is, is fertilizer......seriously....but the enviro's will raise cain....understandable if in the middle of NYC or someplace but then again, there are other cans all plumbed in to use.....

so seriously?

:bonkers:

Hey a bear craps in the woods so whats the harm right?

In fact I done the bear trick too....long time ago...

but today all these weenies all upset about a darter/farter/snail whatever I more concerned about some cop then reality....

:mad:

I'd put a black waste holding tank and an RV toilet in. if you are concerned about weight, then dump the holding tank more frequently instead of filling it full before dumping. the empty tank is not to heavy, and the convenience and lack of odor of bags o'poo in the house would be worth it to me.

First time you tip the bucket over and pour poo on the floor inthe middle of the nite, well you get the idea

The Fisher Price potty is a good value for $32... however, might not be able to handle weight or volume.... Gene, if you end up using this let us know how it performs...

Capacity should not be the biggest issue as it's only two of you and if you empty it often you should be fine with a small or medium size tank... wouldn't want to go too small just in case....

The chemical tanks are filled with a chemical that "handle" your "deposit" ...LOL... splashing liquid is a serious issue.... ... good thing is, if well maintained it does not smell at all but you need fresh chemicals after emptying the tank...

Better to only use it if you really have to... and stop at a gas station for "scheduled" stops.....

I agree... it's a "crappy" thread :lol: