Weddings in the Maldives is a dream come true experience.

Well... not sure if they deserved it but why the F would you want a ceremony like this in a language that you don't understand ???
:bonkers::bonkers::bonkers::bonkers:

If you read some of the other descriptions, the wedding ceremony was pronounced in the local language. The person reading the "ceremony" spoke insulting words that demeaned and ridiculed the two people who paid for the ceremony, this all to the amusement of the gathered crowd that understood the local language.

These islands are Sharia law controlled. There's no reason you should ever go there.

The Maldives were a major tourist attraction since way back in the 80's and 90's ... way before this whole crap started.... too bad it appears to have turned into a sharia and BS haven.... as per the European news they're desperately trying to get this under control and they assure that this is NOT how Maldive people think of foreigners.... personally I think the damage is done ... they'll have to work hard to get their reputation back to where it used to be...too bad I have not made it over there yet, it has been one of my vacation "targets" for a while, especially diving is very good out there....

I guess as long as I don't get married out there or renew my wedding ceremony I'll be fine... huh ????