Bad email

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Im guessing my Yahoo account got hacked,because people are getting emails from me that i did not send out,heck my computer was not even turned on when most of them went out :eek:h: I have been told its not a virus in my computer,and that it is on Yahoo's side,and to delete every contact out of the yahoo contact list and it will stop. I am not a computer person so does this sound right??? I did delete all contacts,so if you have been receiving bad email,sorry about that,and also let me know if you get any more of the emails.

Kevin

I got one email from your Yahoo account about four weeks ago..... I was surprised it went to my spam folder .... it had a link to a canadian pharmacy site ...

I was not aware this was even happening till yesterday,when i received several emails letting me know that my computer is running a muck :bonkers: the funniest reply came from DEP.
Let me know if you get anymore.

Im guessing my Yahoo account got hacked,because people are getting emails from me that i did not send out,heck my computer was not even turned on when most of them went out :eek:h: I have been told its not a virus in my computer,and that it is on Yahoo's side,and to delete every contact out of the yahoo contact list and it will stop. I am not a computer person so does this sound right??? I did delete all contacts,so if you have been receiving bad email,sorry about that,and also let me know if you get any more of the emails.

Kevin
The "from:" of emails can be easily forged. Spambots don't need your computer to mail in your name.Not sure cleaning your contact list would change anything :
-What attacked you account was smart and made its own copy of your contact.
-What attacked was dumb, and simply changing your password (for a high strengh computer generated password) would to the trick.
I'm speculating, never used yahoo as mail and don't know shit about their systems.

I got one yesterday, same has happened to people with hotmail accounts.

I have had the same thing happen to a hotmail acount. I just changed the password and the problem stopped.