At&t Bastards!

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I just got a look at my cell phone bill from AT&T - you all might want to check yours too.... I was charged $67.95 for 4 or 5 incoming calls from my girlfriend - I am in NJ and her office is in Philly - about 10 mins. away - one of her calls cost me over $19.00! WTF!!!

I'll be dropping AT&T like a hot potato and telling them to go pound sand next. I will not pay these charges and I DO NOT CARE if they put me in collections - EFFEM! :tth:

They AWL scratch hell outta us for airtime.....

but in the NE region, I understand Verizon is the best coverage and overall cost....

here in the SE region it's all ATT/Bellsouth.....

and down here they REALLY suck on the rates for DSL and TV and shit....

:smash::eek::surrender:

Remeber when, quite a few years ago, telephone charges were regulated by some sort of a utility commission. And during these years the phone companies, particularly Bell, were large conglomerates. Then with much fanfare, deregulation was announced and the large phone companies were broken up until smaller units. Remember how it was claimed this would lower our phone expenses! Phone charges have just gone skyward ever since.

I have never seen long distance phone charges since I have been with Sprint....about 7 years now.

What kills me is that these are for INCOMING calls. Doesn't the originating caller pay for those? My plan is supposed to be for 59.95 a month, something like 550 minutes a month, I hardly talk on the phone - I am old school so no texting or internet crap either - and AT&T is trying to tell me I burned up all my minutes - no way! I have had so many rollover minutes that I have lost them from non use because they expire after a year - so how can they justify this crap?

The only recourse I have is to take my dollars away from them. :tth:

My Fiance wants to put me on her plan - Verizon - so who am I to say no?

Remeber when, quite a few years ago, telephone charges were regulated by some sort of a utility commission. And during these years the phone companies, particularly Bell, were large conglomerates. Then with much fanfare, deregulation was announced and the large phone companies were broken up until smaller units. Remember how it was claimed this would lower our phone expenses! Phone charges have just gone skyward ever since.

I miss those days - telephone service was reliable and affordable too. TELEVISION was for the most part FREE, so was WATER. With the amount of competition and a capitalistic system you would think that cell phone service would be almost free....same with TV and Internet providers. I guess if I believe that then I believe I'll be able to collect Social Security one day too....

:suicide:

SHIT, would you call something like 25 cents/minit FREE on long distance calls via ATT, back in the 50's?? when a gallon of gas was 2 bits??

but it is sneaky how they play games with them minits on the cphone gig....and you got no way I KNOW OF to know when you running tight.....

we have 4 cphone lines in this house, plus two Majic jack lines....

wife's business, and other work load....

to drop one of the lines, was more than to keep it for the 9 bux/month..so she just took it offline for calls....dead number with no minit accumulation for some time now...

:surrender:

What kills me is that these are for INCOMING calls. Doesn't the originating caller pay for those? My plan is supposed to be for 59.95 a month, something like 550 minutes a month, I hardly talk on the phone - I am old school so no texting or internet crap either - and AT&T is trying to tell me I burned up all my minutes - no way! I have had so many rollover minutes that I have lost them from non use because they expire after a year - so how can they justify this crap?

The only recourse I have is to take my dollars away from them. :tth:

My Fiance wants to put me on her plan - Verizon - so who am I to say no?

I have no problems with Verizon.