Taillights fuse ???

MYBAD79

Headlights work but taillights don't ..... checked fuses under the dash, they all are fine. It's getting late (and dark) so I'm not going to deal with this tonight... :tth:

headlight switch ??? Does this switch have two separate circuits for head/taillights ???

Looking at the diagram, both sets of lights come off the same terminal of the headlight switch. But it's probably the worst diagram I've seen too.

Look at the bottom of the fuse block- there's a connector there that runs all of everything in the rear- tail, turn, backup, fuel quantity, antenna. It may be nasty corroded or partially unplugged. If you can't find it at the bottom of the fuse block, it runs up the left side just inboard of the door sill plate and goes thru the rear bulkhead.

I'll pull the switch some time this week.... btw, forgot to mention that my instrument lights don't work either... oh joy.... I hate wires and all this electrishitty stuff.... I'd rather pull some 40 year old trailing arms...LOL

here's a diagram that I found in my shop manual...

214cbbb21abb4e7.jpg

Rear ground wire, black, on my '72 it's on the driver's side toward the rear....:thumbs:

If I remember correctly, tail lights and dash lights are on the same fuse. Do you have dash lights? Is it just the tail lights or the side marker lights in the rear too? If it's just the tail lights, it might be in the back of the car, not under the dash...

If I remember correctly, tail lights and dash lights are on the same fuse. Do you have dash lights? Is it just the tail lights or the side marker lights in the rear too? If it's just the tail lights, it might be in the back of the car, not under the dash...

Dash lights don't work either.... I remember when I installed these AutoMeter guages all the lights in the new instruments worked. Some time later I noticed they did not work but at that time I did not check if the taillights work or not.

I'll have to check if the side markers work or not :huh:

Dash lights don't work either.... I remember when I installed these AutoMeter guages all the lights in the new instruments worked. Some time later I noticed they did not work but at that time I did not check if the taillights work or not.

I'll have to check if the side markers work or not :huh:

Might be as easy as a blown Inst. Lights fuse...question would be why....

That fuse is located in the fuse block under the dash ?? All fuses I checked were fine, that leaves the possibility that one fuse is "missing" .... I have the shop manual so I'll see where the fuse is supposed to be, maybe I'm going to find an empty slot which then would explain why the light don't work :lol:

"I am not an electrician" :smash::smash:

214a3afc6f0136c.jpg

I thought Da Bird had destroyed all the copies of his picture!!

DO'H:flash::flash:

:flash::shocking::devil: hehe, caught you eh, Jeff??

and wooden we know it, late last week, Linda takes a small portable vacuum cleaner to her client's new office to do a bit of cleanup, and so there is this outlet under the room a/c .....so she plugs the 110 vac LOOKING outlet, nope....of course...220, it was one of them combo types with the neutral blade in a T shape....of course it grenaded the motor/fan combo almost immediately....blew it all to hell....

I went to check the outlet sure enough 240.....typical of that management company, they know NOTHING, bunch of fuckups dumb bastards....Dave Amoroso, you would know them....Morgran business park next door to me, behind Lowes there.....:eek::devil: