Where did common sense go?

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
I find myself saying things like "Kids these days" and "I remember my first car, 35 + years ago".

Yesterday I almost ran over some kid who stepped out in front of me, he never looked up from his "electronic device" nor could he hear me with the earbuds in his ears. Doesn't anybody take responsibilty for themselves any more? Damn joggers and bicyclists do it too - go jogging/riding with headphones on in the middle of the street, don't they want to live? Or do they assume that it is the responsibilty of the rest of the world to look out for them?
Between drivers texting and talking and people wrapping themselves in their own little bubbles I am surprised that the "Road Kill" rates aren't higher! AND the sad part is, if I manage to clip one of these morons, or worse, kill one, I am the guilty party! :push:

What ever happened to "Look both ways" and "Don't cross in the middle of the street"?

Didn't you know this is now a "sport"
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E14kNqMwD6s&feature=fvw[/ame]

I have to agree with you we have the same problem here, people walk on the road (some pushing baby buggies) rather than on the sidewalk 5 feet away

Age 66 here, well over 1/2 a century ago, on way home from church, some kid shot outta the driveway, right in front of dad....I saw a flash from the side, as he went by,....dad of course hit the brakes, but the kid escaped safe, out the other side....IF dad would'a caught the little bastard, it wooda been a hell of a scene.....:lol::sos:

I told MY kids, the bikes are SIDEWALKS.....NOT the streets, unless absolutely necessary...ride on the lawns, stay hell OFF the streets....

they replied, we supposed to ride in the streets, short physics lesson, wack your hand on that car....now tell me who wins....

RS101.....told them also that I didn't give a damn WHO said otherwise, IF they ever get stopped, to tell WHOEVER to talk to our dad.....

screw the laws and courts....stupid bastard damn lawyers bullshit....

:thankyou::harhar::trumpet:

Age 66 here, well over 1/2 a century ago, on way home from church, some kid shot outta the driveway, right in front of dad....I saw a flash from the side, as he went by,....dad of course hit the brakes, but the kid escaped safe, out the other side....IF dad would'a caught the little bastard, it wooda been a hell of a scene.....:lol::sos:

I told MY kids, the bikes are SIDEWALKS.....NOT the streets, unless absolutely necessary...ride on the lawns, stay hell OFF the streets....

they replied, we supposed to ride in the streets, short physics lesson, wack your hand on that car....now tell me who wins....

RS101.....told them also that I didn't give a damn WHO said otherwise, IF they ever get stopped, to tell WHOEVER to talk to our dad.....

screw the laws and courts....stupid bastard damn lawyers bullshit....

:thankyou::harhar::trumpet:

When I was younger my dad drove a 69 Buick LeSabre, one day as we were leaving our drive and dad pulled up over the sidewalk carfull as there was a big bush causing a blind spot this kid on a bike came down the sidewalk and hit the car right at the front wheel. The bike stopped dead and the kid didn't. after that I always rode on the road.

There are actually some parents that encourage there kids to go out in traffic so if they get hit they have a reason to sue.

I have been on a scene with the ambulance that 2 guys in there early to mid twenties were rolling around fighting on the ground in the middle of a highway and got run over. That is a nasty sight that I wouldn't wish anyone to have to see and I can only imagine what still goes threw the mind of the poor drive that hit them at 55mph.

All that really makes you stop and think, maybe we over protect people to the point that they are that stupid now.

I dont think its so much that some people are oblivious to traffic as much as they just don't care. Its this mentallity that I have the right of way so screw you. They dont realize that no, the car can't always stop. What gets me is the mothers, usually young with their babies in stroller who walk off of curbs with out looking.

Didn't you know this is now a "sport"

Good fricking lord---I watched that and then the 'follow up video'-- couldn't understand a single word the -guy- said. But I did see the 'mr55souf' crap---What's that mean? His IQ? followed by 'So Obviously Up-Fucked'? 'SO U wanna see a Fool'? 'Stupid Oaf Urban Fatass'?
Shoulda been a concrete truck going 50....But I bet he's already got 8 kids by 8 different women to carry on his genes....
Please homey, do us all a favor and repeat this on a freeway......Or better yet a short pier with a lead lifebelt so you don't hurt an innocent person....

I'm upset because I just ran over (literally) & killed a little dog in my city truck yesterday and the owner was about like this guy...I wanted to strangle her, I was crying, she didn't give a shit. "Yes, that's my dog. Is he alright?" NO HE'S NOT ALRIGHT! LOOK AT HIM! I just ran over him and his whole back end is crushed! "Well, you think he'll be alright? I just let him out a few minutes ago. I never close the gates, he should know better than to run in the street. You think he'll be alright?"
Took the little guy over 20 minutes to die, struggling, convulsing, gasping & staring uncomprehendingly while I stood in front of him to keep other cars from running over him, and as she stood there and watched all she could say was "Is he dead yet? Will you take him away?"
I would have taken my shovel (--or even the heel of my fricking boot) knowing I would have vomited right then and there to end his misery sooner, but there were 'citizens' standing around gawking and I was wearing my City shirt & ID badge with my City truck, so I had to wait for the cops & animal control to arrive and do all the "procedures"....He was dead by then. And finally at the end when it was all over and the animal control officer had put him in a box I had pleaded with her to go get and he put him up by her house and I was leaving and I said to her once again "I am so, so sorry, please forgive me...." and she replied, "I thought the policeman was going to take him away. Won't you take him away? Guess I'll have to call my daughter to take him away, but she's at work now....."

A shitty day.

And I bet I get served with papers 88 days from now......

Rant over.

Last edited: