New Grumpy Jenkins Book

KATBAK

New guy here from over on the Corvette forum. It was suggested I post this over here as it was felt number of members may be interested.
I hope you all don't mind me blowing my own whistle. I recently completed writing the book "Grumpys Toys" which will be available Jan 15th.
The book does focus on the 17 Grumpys Toys along with Dave Stricklers Old Reliables cars, the Dodge Boys, the Black Arrow, Spanakos Monster Mash Chevy etc. Outside of Dave Strickler, all info is of first hand account.
The book takes a look behind the scenes at design, developement, the drama and race highlights. Theirs plenty of revealing info crammed into the 40,000+ words and that I can thank Bill for as he was involved pretty much from the get go. Their are app. 300 rare photos to help fill the pages, 90-95% of which have never seen print.
Those who are interested in picking up a copy can either preorder online now through the link below or buy it after Jan 15th through your local bookstore.
Some of the contributors; Mike Strickler, Jere Stahl, Ed Quay, Pete Preston, Ron Sperry, Doc Burgess, Steve Johns, Derrick Von Bargen etc. Trust its a long list.
Anyways, thanks for allowing me to post this and moderators, feel free to move it if you feel its necessary.
Doug :beer:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1934709271/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_dp[/ame]

Cool! Always been a fan of Grumpy. The "Toy" on the cover was always my favorite. Inspired me to buy a couple 67 Camaros when I was a youth.

thum_534c622810974f2.jpg

Hi Wayne,
As the author, I'll sign anyones copy. Let me know when you pick up a copy (release date Jan 15th) and I'll send my address. Now Bill's signature, thats the one you really want though that may be alittle more difficult due to recent health issue. Lets hope he's feeling better soon.
Doug

I'm actually in Saudi Arabia Doug so it would be costly to have it shipped to me, then send it back to you etc etc. I could buy one and have it sent directly to you for you (and perhaps Grumpy) to sign. Does that work for you?

"Some of the contributors; Mike Strickler, Jere Stahl, Ed Quay, Pete Preston, Ron Sperry, Doc Burgess, Steve Johns, Derrick Von Bargen etc."

Doesn't appear that WTJ was involved, makes me wonder why

Really? lol.
I threw a number of names at Bill and asked for a comment, WTJ was one of those names. Though Bill spoke badly of no one, his comment regarding Warren didnt make it into the book.
Note also, ex driver Larry Lombardo wasn't involved either.
Doug