Saw my oncologist this week

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Guys, I must admit I'm a little bummed. Saw my oncologist this week and she confirmed that the tumor is still there. She said it has shrunk "significantly" but it still shows up on the scans. She already prepared me for the likelihood of some follow up chemotherapy just to be sure they got it all. But this will be more than that since there is still clear indication of a viable mass.
So I get to look forward to starting more chemo next week. The schedule will be three weeks on/one week off for three months. Then we do some more scans and see if it's still there. If it's gone by then, they will actually biopsy the area to confirm. If that's the case, then I should pretty much be done with treatment and it will be on to regular monitoring.
It's not totally unexpected. By the time they finally got around to finding this tumor, it was 4cm x 5cm, or pretty goddmanned big in laymen's terms.
I was just really hopeful that I would be more the exception than the rule in this case. Oh well. I'm sure it will go faster than the first time, especially since there won't be any radiation this time.
Not to worry though. I will keep on keeping on and it will be over before we all know it.

Gary, my friend, you are in my prayers and I know you will be allright and are going to get through this allright. I met with my soon to be ex-wife today and signed all the papers. She treated me more than fairly. I told her i still loved her and prayed she will be happy in life. She said she was sorry for hurting me and I believe she meant it. I think something in her mind snapped and she just felt like she had to get out to save herself. Once again, my prayers are with you my friend, Art

Hey Clutchdust,

Gary I presume?

We're gonna be racing at the Speedway on the next weekend of 15, 16 and 17 if ya wanna come out and drink beer with a bunch of Triumph racers. The Blue Corvette has said he's not coming but who knows what'll be there in the A and B classes?

This weekend I'll be in a Yellow # 36 car, first time on track, and we'll probably be at the Las Vegas Blvd end of the paddock, by the entry, if ya wanna come out.

If you just follow the oil drops you'll easily find the British car racers. Unless you wander into Porsche camp.....:pprrtt:

Sorry to hear this, but keep your positive attitude and you will make through.

Clutch, Gary....take care, and DO go to the races, get your mind out into the sunshine, it's a huge help.....

:beer::1st:

Gary,

Nothing wrong with feeling a little bummed right now. Just keep fighting as you have been. Also keep in mind that "shrunk significantly" is pretty damned good and not a foregone conclusion of the first series of Chemo. I know it's easier for others to say, but it sounds like you're on the right path. Keep up your spirits and stay the course.

Mike

Gary,

I can't really add much to what everyone else has already said... your attitude is really good!

Keep up the good fight, you are in my thoughts and prayers too.

Lee

Thanks all. I'm trying to stay positive. The hardest part is that I'm still fairly young and I've always been a pretty healthy kind of guy, aside from being a fatass anyway. So it's just difficult for me to wrap my mind around the idea of how serious this really is sometimes. Now that I've been off the first round of chemo/radiation for almost two months, I feel fine. But that's about to change with this new round. But it will pass and I'll get through it too.
At least it's finally cooling off in this hellhole. And Steve, I'll see what I can do, sounds like fun.

I'll say a prayer for you Gary. Do whatever they tell you to do, and stick with it, and above all, fight it. The mind is a strong force. Attitude is everything.

A friend of mine came to visit today, he's been fighting with a lump for the past year, chemo, radiation, like Bird said, he did everything they told him to do.

Like you, the fng thing was still there but it went away with more care.

Not going to lie , it messed him up but today when he showed up at the house, we talk on the phone every week but didnt meet in person for a while,

He looked great and felt way much better than last time I saw him.

Sold his truck,(like me, he's a trucker) and took classes to become a real estate agent.

Good luck Buddy.

Friend

HAY GUY
I don't have any idea of what you are going through mentally. But I really think you have a great outlook just keep thinking postive, My wife just finished radition for brest cancer we think we got it soon enough. I have seen the depresion you must be going through. I hope the best for you.
and I am very close if you ever need anyone to talk to. l think you may have my # I know you have my e mail.

Darrow.

Got the first infusion yesterday. As usual I didn't feel all that bad yesterday, but today I really started feeling crappy. I slept most of the day, which is probably a good thing. I feel a lot better tonight but still kind of run down. If this is what the next few months are going to be like, it won't be too bad. At least I'm not going through that godawful radiation again. Probably feel pretty normal tomorrow. Here's hoping.

I sincerely hope you are back to full health as soon as possible.

Hang in there man, stick with it, as I have mentioned before, you are not alone, as I know others in a very similar battle....

:thumbs::thumbs:

Got the first infusion yesterday. As usual I didn't feel all that bad yesterday, but today I really started feeling crappy. I slept most of the day, which is probably a good thing. I feel a lot better tonight but still kind of run down. If this is what the next few months are going to be like, it won't be too bad. At least I'm not going through that godawful radiation again. Probably feel pretty normal tomorrow. Here's hoping.

A good (rare) steak dinner two or three days after Chemo will help you get back on your feet.