PURRFECT and VENT.......

mrvette

Phantom of the Opera
The weather here in Jax has be totally AMAZZZZZZING over the last week or so, and today is a HUGE classice BEAUUUUTIFULLLLLL example of it......

so the inside ceiling/walls of Jed's Clamper, the motor home project, is mostly assembled and painted 3 coats white, and so today looking for something to do, I could stand out in the sunshine over my saw horses for a work bench, I decided to make a bathroom vent, seems a free bathroom door came outta my neighbor's house...good shape being a 18" closet door, but it will be fine for the potty in the camper....price was RIGHT, all I had to do was install the new door....woopie doo.....

SO, having a old stock HVAC blower motor from my '72 vette, I decided to just VENT....so it's almost done, built the box/plenum, sealed it all up, drying in the FLORIDA SUNSHINE, and so we are going to be stink free in the camper now....

enough airflow to suck the shit right outta the toilet....

:shocking::ill::club::hissyfit:

enough airflow to suck the shit right outta the toilet....

:shocking::ill::club::hissyfit:

You better install a "seat" belt too...[/QUOTE]

You heard about the fat gal that flushed the airplane toilet while she was sitting on it? The overboard drain wasn't sealed real well and the cabin pressure glued her down.

So over the last week, we now have seat frames for the cushions, storage boxes with pop up lids.....solid kitchen cab frame/doors, and counter top with new formica....and a solid as hell shithouse door and one hinge wall , fridge is in place....water tank and sink in place....

slowly, granny very slowly, the plot thickens.....

:p:hissyfit::club:

Sounds like it is time to clean the glass and fill it with gas!

50 bux for new REAR glass, the old panes just fractured when trying to remove...but after 40 years, ya THINK??

all fogged around edges and weather beaten anyway....

No toilet yet, no interior lighting, got the 110 VAC wired though...

need about a week's worth of interior 12 volt electric....just the camper part, the truck/lighting is fine....

need about 100 bux worth of lights...maybe more...

and 2 more sheets of 1/2" plywood....and 3 more 2x4's....

I trying to tie all this shit together with screws and glue into some sort of rugged enough structure that any reasonable front collision may well be survivable from flying junk in the back....so the final stop point is the shields I going to build from floor to ceiling behind the seats....shit stoppers....

:crylol::hissyfit::ill:

All that and forgot to take a pix of the vent/fan.....inside the old 18" house door,....oh well....

here are pix of the Jed's Clamper project, and so to start a thread about the messiest garage.....

:thumbs:

Attachments

• camper 1.jpg
    camper 1.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 6
  • camper 2.jpg
    camper 2.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 9
  • camper 3.jpg
    camper 3.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 5
  • camper 4.jpg
    camper 4.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 7
  • camper 5.jpg
    camper 5.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 4
Well, since the pix, the cabinets are all white, the counter top is all redone with new Formica, the table/seating combo area is all set with new drop down table top, and so I tried grabbing Linda when we tested the bed.....but she got nervous about someone looking in....

oh well.....

:banghead::gurney::eek:

BUT, thank you China, (I feel like a traitor) for making a FORTY buck power inverter.....so the fridge we had was a small 110 VAC model...
750 watts, ...hummm....so start engine, put on fridge, and guess WATT?? it werks!!!

so we have cold beer now, even ICE cream when bombing along....

we also have a cooler hutch, standard Coleman, without Gary :rolleyes:.....

So maybe I need to rethunk the electrickery on the wiring I have done so far....

nothing major....

the Corvette powered fan runs LOUD...but that can be a GOOD thing....

:harhar::mobeer:

Gene, anybody,

A friend of mine did a complete RV body from scratch on his chassis cuz he's almost seven feet tall. At the time, fifteen years ago he told me where he got all his materials. The glass board, the extrusions etc... I didn't write it down.

Where can I get those esoteric raw materials for the RV body and interior?

Gene, anybody,

A friend of mine did a complete RV body from scratch on his chassis cuz he's almost seven feet tall. At the time, fifteen years ago he told me where he got all his materials. The glass board, the extrusions etc... I didn't write it down.

Where can I get those esoteric raw materials for the RV body and interior?

The RV body itself on the front/top/backside is all a heavy gauge fiberglass, almost 1/4" thick, the top front corners have been hit by lo hanging whatevers over the years....probable trees....

I have not purchased any metal for the sides, but not from lack of trying....

and so I could have gotten some aluminum from the tops of 53' trailers...off a local junkyard....I have pulled parts off a friend's similar but junk RV just down the street....for the 'right' price....

but just the work/time/ability to handle the aluminum side lengths, I chickened out and went for the street sign repair, like lots of guys I have a collection of them over the decades....so put them to use other than wall decorations, for a change up....

wife picked this 40 y/o Class C motor home up for 200 bux....8000 lbs dualie 8 bolt floating axle Chebby van 30....350 SBC, and with TimAT's help I rebuilt a overdrive auto for it last winter...

the interior finish is coming outta Lowes Depot....Depot has some great ~1/8" 4x8 ply for like 12 bux/sheet.....it's rated for motor homes....actually stated use of product....strange, I thought...but we have some 15' of aluminum behind the front seats....not a large unit, but still a dualie rear....

and so being FORTY years old, the steel was in decent shape under it....HUGE surprise, but it being in FLORIDA inland areas, it seem to survived with just surface rust....I think/hope...!!!

so with junkyard raids in addition to the free parts from my friend, I have now put FORD rear brakes/rims on the GM rear, and a Chrysler compressor on the ancient aftermarket a/c system....

I used to be a ET, so wiring is no sweat, but the amount of wire removed fills a blue recycle bin pretty good, and that's the leftovers....

I have rewired the entire unit from ground up, with a CS144 alt....put on power steering and a tilt wheel....

interior bed is 3/4 PT ply, over 2x4's layed out as OEM from 40 years ago...sides screwed in pretty good along with the decking, and the cabinetry is screwed and glued with the idea of being pretty damn strong in a front end collision....bought Aug last year....

still need the water pump, and the chem toilet...have the kitchen pretty much done....

found the refrig runs off the a/c power inverter....GREAT NEWS when underway....

cabinet for a Coleman ice chest....

keep in mind, the engine was brand new on this one, for some reason it was unknown by previous seller, I suspect...

so Hydroboost brake assist and oversize m/cyl added also...stops on a dime now....

long project, repainted outside, very long list...

but the materials are nothing unusual, except for water/pumps/toilets/etc....

the rest is stock 110 vac electrickery and 12 volt battery operated shit....LED lighting where possible....

Glad to answer any questions best I can...PM me if I miss the thread...

:drink::drink: