Mcleod M800

I have my own thoughts about the the tremec, plus i think a bolt in kit like the Kiesler is way to expensive.

Will stick with my muncie M22 and 4.11 and run a lot of rpm's the few times i will be running her on the highways...doesn't matter since i made my engine to be able to run high rpm's.

Isn't the Muncie case too small? To put a 5 speed in that case, I'd think the gears would be pretty small.

I have a Richmond 5 speed. When you sit it beside the original Muncie 4 speed, the Muncie looks small.

Does anybody have news about the tranny? When will it be available and what´s the price?

Günther

One thing I don't like about my TKO600 is the big step between 4th and 5th gear. Other than that it is great and yes it is expensive to buy the kit from Keisler but it is a painless install: everything you need is there (I think now they included the adjustable dowel pins as well). It is not realistic to say that you can install it in one or two days - if you don't have a lift it will take a little longer.... but it is doable at home with the car on jackstands.

One thing I don't like about my TKO600 is the big step between 4th and 5th gear. Other than that it is great and yes it is expensive to buy the kit from Keisler but it is a painless install: everything you need is there (I think now they included the adjustable dowel pins as well). It is not realistic to say that you can install it in one or two days - if you don't have a lift it will take a little longer.... but it is doable at home with the car on jackstands.

I was very lucky to have found a TKO II from Steve (brngrhead) that has the .82 overdrive. The step from 4th to 5th is very desireable.

The McLeod was supposed to come in priced well below the Tremec and Richmond boxes, about a grand less. The only problem is that you can't get one!

Last I heard the rumor was that the project was stopped.
What a bummer. They advertised this with a whole lot of noise and then they stop it...:crap:

Yeah a local trans guy I know signed on as dealer just to get in on that trans. He had a lot of people interested in it and met with the owner at SEMA a few years ago. Too bad they couldn't get it together. The service from some of the OD trans companies out there is bad.

Didn't the guy who owned Mcleod, sell out a year or so ago? Maybe he is picking this project up?