C3 brake upgrade

WA Vetter

Hi All
im thinking of replacing my front rotors and calipers, does anyone have any suggestions to a good reliable (and fairly well priced) combination, do i need / should i go drilled and / or slotted. Being mindful Im in Oz and the oz dollar is good but the postage is a killer

Wilwood D8, forget all the fancy schmuck rotors, get quality stuff, not chinese.

One option is to simply rebuild the stock calipers with O-ring pistons , inexpensive and very easy if your calipers are already SS sleeved.

I bought slotted/drilled rotors on Ebay some time last year, seems to be good quality stuff, I was able to dial in the front rotors to less than .002" runout without using shims at all. I have not installed the rear rotors/calipers yet...

If you're willing to spend the money then yes (agree with TT), the Wilwood calipers are the way to go :thumbs:

I've been to that site before and it takes you to "brackets". I'm assuming those are for mounting different calipers on larger rotors, but there's not much of a description for what they fit. I've looked through the site looking for the informaiton, but didn't find it. Then again, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer!! :drink:

I will have a virtually new pair of red powdercoated D8 front calipers, with brake lines, pads and drilled slotted rotors for sale in about a week. They have no road miles on them, I installed them, bled them and the car has moved in and out of the garage 3 times since. $500 plus shipping if anyone's interested.