Garlic

I have never encountered anyone that likes garlic as much as I do. It's addictive.
Here is a true test for a garlic lover.
Make a sandwich, your choice of bread, meat etc.
Cut FRESH garlic cloves (not cooked, that ruins garlic completely) in slices, minimum of 3/16" thick and cover the sandwich in a complete solid layer.
Let me know how you like it. :1st:

My mother used to spend winters down here with me. I was engaged at the time and my mother started making me these sandwiches with the covert intention of getting rid of this woman (didn't like her at all). As a child she used to make garlic sandwiches for her mother and hated it because of the smell, so she knew it's effects on other people, but my grandmother lived to over 100. I think the garlic had a lot to do with it.
I ate these sandwiches daily and after a while the smell was coming out of my pores, but I loved the taste. Didn't phase the girl one bit.

I was replacing some bearings for a friend of mine and accidentally farted. Friend laughs and said " You're the only person I know that can fart and make me hungry. Smells like a good Italian restaurant."

I was replacing some bearings for a friend of mine and accidentally farted. Friend laughs and said " You're the only person I know that can fart and make me hungry. Smells like a good Italian restaurant."
:rofl::rofl: I know how that is.
I'm 100% Italian and raised in a "Practicing Italian" family...Garlic to us is considered a food group:1st:

As a frenchman, I abide. Natural antibiotic.

Here my recipe for "tomates provencales" (Riviera style tomatoes):
Chop tomatoes in two (horizontaly), cover halves with finely chopped garlic mixed with bread crumbs, a pinch of thyme and draw of olive oil.
Lets it roast in the oven, serve hot.
After that, tell me you don't like garlic.

:rofl::rofl: I know how that is.
I'm 100% Italian and raised in a "Practicing Italian" family...Garlic to us is considered a food group:1st:

Russian here, and that did not stop the garlic, back when.....:crylol::p:shocking:

I'm not as hardcore as some of you but there's a whole lot of recipes that just aren't complete without some fresh garlic.

I'm not as hardcore as some of you but there's a whole lot of recipes that just aren't complete without some fresh garlic.

The ex and I used to make an industrial strength Spag Sauce......

it would melt dishware,

but DAMN.....:hissyfit::1st::ill:

I don't think I could handle slices of garlic on a sandwich (although I quite like a raw onion sandwich) but I do like the garlic in the foods that "should" have garlic in them (Italian, French etc)...

Last edited:

it would melt dishware,

I must say, I do make a mighty fine spaghetti sauce. I don't dare call it "spaghetti" in the company of Italians though. More like my "tomato based pasta covering meat sauce".

it would melt dishware,

I must say, I do make a mighty fine spaghetti sauce. I don't dare call it "spaghetti" in the company of Italians though. More like my "tomato based pasta covering meat sauce".

She was from Lonk Ilant so it was absorbed in her through osmosis.....

:beer::search: