Caliper Bleed Screw

Stpman

Has anyone seen this before? Looking at the left side caliper this should have a bleed screw in it but the right side has a "home made" plug from a 7/16x20 bolt (with teflon tape no less). can this be salvaged?
RR%20Caliper.jpg

If the bolt is long enough, the seat for the bleed screw might be damaged.

the bolt is about 1/4" short of hitting the seat

Gene I have all the parts to do the O Ring conversion and if the cliper is no good I'll get another core to use.

Gene I have all the parts to do the O Ring conversion and if the cliper is no good I'll get another core to use.

It's you brakes man, nuttin but stone cold Kosher will do....

:smash::surrender:

If the seat is good and the threads are good, you sould be good to go. Are the bleed screws 7/16-20? I thought they were 3/8.

If the seat is good and the threads are good, you sould be good to go. Are the bleed screws 7/16-20? I thought they were 3/8.

They are 3/8 and smaller (found 2 sizes) I found a repair piece at a jobber up here (he ordered it in for me) I pick it up tomorrow and then see if it's going to work

They are 3/8 and smaller (found 2 sizes) I found a repair piece at a jobber up here (he ordered it in for me) I pick it up tomorrow and then see if it's going to work

Well I got the repair bleeder and seat, drilled and tapped the casting and put the repair seat in the casting cracked, after I got the repair seat I thought it was going to be close. Anyone have a rear caliper half (side with the ears) collecting dust?

Well I got the repair bleeder and seat, drilled and tapped the casting and put the repair seat in the casting cracked, after I got the repair seat I thought it was going to be close. Anyone have a rear caliper half (side with the ears) collecting dust?

that's bad news :crap:

when you get a caliper half, make sure the mating surfaces make good contact and seal around the small O-rings. I use ink to verify perfect surface contact between the two halves. One of the calipers that I rebuilt back in 2008 had a small leak at this location although I cleaned the mating surfaces.

If all you need is half a core I probably have an extra half I would sell....send a PM if you need it...