Holy Shit!!!!

exactly what I was thinking

doesn't look too safe, climbing up on some what looks like long chassis bolts on a flimsy pole and a restraint anchor that simply could slide off.

That link was sent by some old friends who know full well that I scared shitless above 20' off the ground....

and there is a interesting story.......a ham radio friend from HS yet...name Joe Burdette, his father was a EE prof at Univ/Maryland in College Park....

so Joe went to skool wit me for some years, and took a few B courses too....

last I seen him was maybe mid 60's on campus....

so through the years he formed a company called US Tower, apparently....

and went about painting TV/Radio transmitting towers....grew to building them, and then CPHONES caught hold.....

along the way, Joe sold out/lost control/whatever....

some of my information is rather dated, and maybe tainted for all I know....but the very early daze are rather definate....and I know it was called US Tower....back when....

dunno much history over the last ~40 years, but have done a search or two over the last 15 years on the net, and found enough information that apparently what I said is true....

:nuts:

yet another reason maybe some old friends send me this stuff.....

:crap:

I saw the vid last week, it was circulating here then...it's all over the internet, a very popular vid.

I couldn't do that if my life depended on it.

I like the line in the narration "If a storm is blowing, there's no quick way down".

Bullshit, there is one super quick way down!

ever climb a tree to the top where it is thin and that part breaks off lol .... don't take long to hit ground.

ever climb a tree to the top where it is thin and that part breaks off lol .... don't take long to hit ground.
Yeah but the trees I feel out of as a kid weren't 1768 feet tall! I think if you fell off that, you'd have AMPLE time to consider your coming demise!

Damn it, my daughter wants me to take her on a bridge climb in Brisbane when we're home and it's only 260 feet high. Wanna come with me Gene?

Yeah but the trees I feel out of as a kid weren't 1768 feet tall! I think if you fell off that, you'd have AMPLE time to consider your coming demise!

Damn it, my daughter wants me to take her on a bridge climb in Brisbane when we're home and it's only 260 feet high. Wanna come with me Gene?

Some time in the late 60's/early 70's when visiting one of the Federal buildings in DC late at night, one of my buddies was guarding it, so he locks down the entrance, and secured the building, while a bunch of us go walking, it was a NOAA building, where they built all the electronic kludges they used for space/air/sea monitoring....whatever research they did....Kinda like Goddard Space Flight Center just north of DC in Beltsville Md....all kinds of machinery, and assy shit, tons of test gear, 'scopes, generators, the like, enough to buy 1/2 of Hewlett Packard's output for a year.....so we start working out way up the building and get to the roof....about 20 stories up....

I look out the building and stand some 20' from the window, so the guys noticed this, tried to 'encourage' me to get near the edge.....

the found out that it's really much healthier to NOT fuck with my phobia.....

:cussing::cussing::clobbered::nuts::huh:

yeah a 1768 foot fall will kill you but hitting every branch on you way down you feel it for weeks after the fall