Caliper SS sleeve

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
Ok, after my post about o-ring, I started taking apart my calipers, and, O great news, they're not SS sleeved on my '76:crap:

Given the price and the weight a 4 calipers, I first gonna try to have them sleeved by my machinist friend over there.
Does someone sell those sleeved or do I need to get them fabricated?
If so, does someone has the exact dimension of such sleeve?
Thanks

SS sleeved calipers are $65 at the local Auto Zone. This is most likley cheaper than having your calipers sleeved at a shop...

Original non- sleeved calipers might be worth a few bux to the NCRS crowd. By now almost all calipers out there are sleeved so if somebody wants a original caliper... these are getting very rare.....

Original non- sleeved calipers might be worth a few bux to the NCRS crowd. .....

I don`t think so, besides the bores are pitted and they leak. his best bet is to turn them in as cores otherwise it`s a $30-$50 per corner core charge.
PS: maybe Autozone calipers are $65 in FL because they have VB&P to compete with but type in the zip code of my closest Autozone 60002 and they re $83 each...try it.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter if they leak as long as they're original and they can score a few points for it :3rd::3rd::3rd:

Might be around $80 now... it's been 4 years since I bought mine....

Doesn't matter if they leak as long as they're original and they can score a few points for it :3rd::3rd::3rd:

Might be around $80 now... it's been 4 years since I bought mine....

NCRS don't tear cars apart for internal inspections for judging.....

so there is NO external inspection to tell if they are SS or not....can't see the bores....

and I find that highly suspect that ANY OEM calipers are left on any shark , assuming the thing has been driven in the last 20 years, even around the damn block.....

:huh::nuts:

So OP, are you reall really really SURE the are NOT SS lined???

I've got a Bridgeport available etc and I wouldn't even dream of sleeving them myself. Sixty bucks per caliper is a gift compared to what someone would have to charge to do one off sleeving.

Autozone here
Fronts
Price $63.99
Core $32.00

Rears
Price $61.99
Core $32.00

If you go to the store to buy, there is no shipping to that store.

All the calipers I have ever gotten have been Delco Morraine, didn't check the numbers, but I don't care anyway.
Have always had good luck with them if they are used regularily.

You're probably right.
Actually found a good deal on a set of SS sleeved calipers.
Case of "one more naive question" closed.
Thanks again.

Before I bought my 4 new calipers, I looked at just buying the sleeves to save the shipping costs of the weight of 4 calipers to Saudi. I found a place that was prepared to sell me just the sleeves but in the end decided that I couldn't trust any of the machine shops out here to do the job correctly. Even if they messed up just one bore, I'd be screwed.

Luckily (sarcastic overtone here) I found Lone Star and the shipping costs for 4 calipers were pretty reasonable and (this is the lucky bit) it took SO long for my order to arrive, I'd forgotten all about the shipping costs by the time I was able to fit everything :eek:

Before I bought my 4 new calipers, I looked at just buying the sleeves to save the shipping costs of the weight of 4 calipers to Saudi. I found a place that was prepared to sell me just the sleeves but in the end decided that I couldn't trust any of the machine shops out here to do the job correctly. Even if they messed up just one bore, I'd be screwed.

Luckily (sarcastic overtone here) I found Lone Star and the shipping costs for 4 calipers were pretty reasonable and (this is the lucky bit) it took SO long for my order to arrive, I'd forgotten all about the shipping costs by the time I was able to fit everything :eek:

Probably took customs over there 6-8 weeks just to figure out what the heck there was in that box. The company I work for was shipping aircraft parts- in the box with all the certifications and documents, and it was still taking a couple of weeks to get thru customs.

Probably took customs over there 6-8 weeks just to figure out what the heck there was in that box. The company I work for was shipping aircraft parts- in the box with all the certifications and documents, and it was still taking a couple of weeks to get thru customs.

Yeh, well if you didn't make it outta radio active unobtanium and a subsurface of krazium....you maybe had a easier time though customs....

:hissyfit::1st::shocking:

It took a couple of months for Lone Star to actually dispatch my calipers but when they did, they turned up in about 3 weeks. But, they forgot to include the pads and new flexible lines I ordered at the same time. The pissed me around with various excuses but finally sent the pads, but no brake lines! The were such a bunch of arseholes. :bomb: