what is this ricer part I saw on a car at my sons school a few days ago

JeffP1167

His car looks like a honda acccord, anyways it has what looks like carbo fiber decals covering the trunk lid and a few other parts. But the part in question I want to know is what is this round loop looking thing under his bumper? almost resembles a factory tie down hook found on car for when they are new and on a transporter. This thing looks too be made of aluminum though and sits under the center of his rear bumper.. Anyone know the purpose of this or is it just some stupid thing he added.

Funny...but not a bad idea.......

When I had my vette towed, we had to angle the flatbad so that the cable wouldn't destroy the valance.

Wonder if something like that attaching to the front cross member would work for the vette...maybe bolt on with a down angle that the winch hooks on to........

Funny...but not a bad idea.......

When I had my vette towed, we had to angle the flatbad so that the cable wouldn't destroy the valance.

Wonder if something like that attaching to the front cross member would work for the vette...maybe bolt on with a down angle that the winch hooks on to........

thought it was funny they say no mounting instructions included, just two bolts and a weak aluminum hook.

tow hooks are required in most sanctioned racing events....why it`s on the "ricer" is anyones guess, I suppose it`s on there for the same reason as the wing and the stickers.

tow hooks are required in most sanctioned racing events....why it`s on the "ricer" is anyones guess, I suppose it`s on there for the same reason as the wing and the stickers.

:D Wife's Miata still has the 'baby teeth' in the grill area....

:chinese:

:D Wife's Miata still has the 'baby teeth' in the grill area....

:chinese:

I remember back in 98 looking at a Miata thought they were kinda cool. Walked away from the car saying "miata buy a Camaro" then went to chevy lol.

Yep, those are just ricer, "poser" parts. Like RVR said, most sanctioning bodies require a tow hook/loop on either end of the car. Unless it bolts to a solid frame component, those things probably wouldn't pass tech though.

so basically he adds some technical racing thing to his POS street car. Thats to funny, don't the realize the extra weight of all their junk just slows down their already slow car hahaha

It's made of aircraft grade aluminium, so it must be good :confused2:

Yeh, for up to a 1000? lbs load.....

maybe....

:surrender:

they aren`t using it to lift the car only to pull a rolling car....

I agree. I don't necessarily question the quality of the part but I am very skeptical of the mounting location. Granted, I haven't mounted tow loops on my car yet, but rest assured, they would be welded to a structural point of the frame.