Choppers Thai style

I haven't seen Metal Flake crash helmets since the 80's. I see your car made in the video (@2.02). Looks Good:thumbs:

Man, that brings back nervous memories, a buddy had a blue metal flake bike helmet, and had it on when some kid lost his car into Larry's lane, head on at combined speed of about 60 mph.....apparently Larry thought he was dead, and relaxed enough to survive, he was tossed in the air above the car, remembers his eyes forced open by the impact, all he remember is this glance down and all the wreckage flying around under him.....he lands on the ground behind the car, realized was somehow still alive, much less conscious, rolls over and gets the tag....he was a federal cop...:crutches::clap:

no insurance for the kid, of course....Larry is retired early this year....

but his blue metal flake helmet.....?? not but maybe ONE SQUARE INCH of blue paint on it, after that wreck....but the silly thing was more or less intact, Larry got all busted up though, 6 months to recover....I remember a friend calling me to warn me of Larry's condition, and sure enough when the bell rang, I opened the door, there is Larry standing there all taped up, casts, hobbling on a cane/walker trying for the shock effect.....needless to say he was pretty well beat to shit.....:crap::crutches:

this all in the late 70's.....

:(

Pretty cool Dean, some nice looking cars in there as well.

When did you put the graphics down the side? I don't remember you making mention of that. It looks good :thumbs:

When did you put the graphics down the side? I don't remember you making mention of that. It looks good :thumbs:

It seams there are now 3 more 80-81s that have copied my car with the exact red so I had to do something to be able to find my car in the lot.
_mg_8684copy.jpg

_mg_8689copy.jpg

It seams there are now 3 more 80-81s that have copied my car with the exact red so I had to do something to be able to find my car in the lot.
_mg_8684copy.jpg

_mg_8689copy.jpg

:clap: Flattery, I suppose....and the above idea/concept/execution is NICE.....like that a LOT.....:friends:

I haven't seen Metal Flake crash helmets since the 80's. I see your car made it in the video (@2.02). Looks Good:thumbs:

Here's mine that I painted back in the early 70's. Used multicolored flakes mades by Metalflake co and a bunch of clear lacquer. Real Bell helmet too.
Don't laugh, it was cool back then.:D
Just threw it away a few months ago. Get a ticket around here if it doesn't have the spec stickers on the back.

Bell1.jpg

I haven't seen Metal Flake crash helmets since the 80's. I see your car made it in the video (@2.02). Looks Good:thumbs:

Here's mine that I painted back in the early 70's. Used multicolored flakes mades by Metalflake co and a bunch of clear lacquer. Real Bell helmet too.
Just threw it away a few months ago. Get a ticket around here if it doesn't have the spec stickers on the back.

I still have my Red Metal Flake Bell from 1978 back in NY

Bell1.jpg

You probably should have sold it on Fleabay as they are collectible to the old school chopper guys.
Choppers rule

PawnonCaptain-3.jpg

Last edited: