a-arm rear: slip yokes or remove yoke clips?

daveL82

Over the last few months I haven't posted much about my vette. I now have lower frame and diff mounts for lower control arms and built a sub frame on top for the upper A-arm. With this complete do I speed the cash on custom slip half shafts or remove the clips and adjust the yokes out .25". All links are adjustable. Also the upper locations are set in line with lower pickup point and ujoint center to minimize diff yoke movement.

The only thing that seems unusual about the yokes moving in and out is this, I don't know that I have ever seem an application where a lip seal is used as a reciprocating seal. I suspect they wouldn't last long.

I bought a pair of 2nd gen Viper slip shafts and had them shortened. I think I have $200 total in them.

Sure would like to see some pics of your setup, sound interesting.

The area on the yoke the seal rides on is pretty narrow. You'd need to be very careful to not let the yoke move much out of the center and off the edge. That would cause a leak.

I've located the upper pivotal to minimize yoke movement in and out but there will still be some. I need to have the yoke far enough so it wouldn't bind on center pin.

Will try to get picks next week