Companies that ship bodies?

JeffP1167

I found a decent 1982 body in utah that is just the bare body. Problem is I live in southern california. any of you know any companies that would do this hauling for me?

BeeJay found a few companies who do this kinda stuff, we shipped his hood cross country...

Now the entire body (the title of this thread is somewhat misleading btw) is another story... I would think it's getting really expensive and you might want to look into a trailer rental - if you have a tow hitch... the body can be lifted onto a trailer relatively easy, need 4-5 guys....

If you don't want to do it yourself (long drive), check the local papers and Craigslist for "two guys and a truck" or something like that... around here I see many signs at intersections "we haul anything, CALL..." ... for the most part that's "local" jobs but worth a shot....

BeeJay found a few companies who do this kinda stuff, we shipped his hood cross country...

Now the entire body (the title of this thread is somewhat misleading btw) is another story... I would think it's getting really expensive and you might want to look into a trailer rental - if you have a tow hitch... the body can be lifted onto a trailer relatively easy, need 4-5 guys....

If you don't want to do it yourself (long drive), check the local papers and Craigslist for "two guys and a truck" or something like that... around here I see many signs at intersections "we haul anything, CALL..." ... for the most part that's "local" jobs but worth a shot....

I basically need the firewall back body shipped. It has no interior/glass or doors. I suppose if need be I can rent a one way U-haul trailer and tow it with my mini-van. It is just a very long drive there and back is all and the cost of fuel alone might make having it shipped possibly costing about the same. I believe round trip probably a easy 1500 miles.

Call the local Mafia chieftain and maybe he can ship it with Hoffa.....

:trumpet::devil:

Buy vs Rent?

Might consider a Home Store - bought trailer - a couple of hundred bucks - some 2x6/4s and a quick dolly is built. The weight should be well within the limits. And-- you have more toy "equity!" That's gotta be good for something. ANd if you get it at that end - only a one-way trip for it!

Cheers - Jim

Might consider a Home Store - bought trailer - a couple of hundred bucks - some 2x6/4s and a quick dolly is built. The weight should be well within the limits. And-- you have more toy "equity!" That's gotta be good for something. ANd if you get it at that end - only a one-way trip for it!

Cheers - Jim

either way it's a round trip lol