rear glass aftermarket seal problems has anyone had this happen

JeffP1167

I bought my complete willcox weatherstrip kit for my 90 vette and the rear window weatherstrip has already become a problem. This went on the car about 6 months ago and one corner has already torn. how sad is this, this car has never been driven and the glass has only been opened about 10 times.

I would have posted this on CF but he is a vendor and bad mouthing his stuff is terms for a ban. IMO don't buy this seal, he claims corners reinforced unlike the originals yet amazingly fail even before I get to drive the car lol.

Same problem, paid for the more expensive soft ones. The damned rear seal is simply too short. it's tight in the corners, pulling a little inside and i'm super careful when closing the hatch so it doesn't tear.

Next time I'm springing for the ones Mike Dyer has. I got T top seals from him, they are the beez kneezzz

Same problem, paid for the more expensive soft ones. The damned rear seal is simply too short. it's tight in the corners, pulling a little inside and i'm super careful when closing the hatch so it doesn't tear.

Next time I'm springing for the ones Mike Dyer has. I got T top seals from him, they are the beez kneezzz

I paid like 450 I think for this kit and still have to slam the doors to get them to shut. Think I am going to spring for GM seals and see if it makes a difference. While trolling the junkyard I was lucky enough to find mint condition weatherstripping from a 2001 camaro got that for my 97 camaro for when the time comes LOL. but so far after 13 years my weatherstripping on the camaro still looks like new.

I once PM'ed willcox about the door issue and he said it's the door alignment that is causing it. I told him well the door lines up with the top of the rear 1/4 panels and when shut they sit flush with the 1/4 panels and don't seem to sag at all. Then he said well, give them time being they are new and 4 months later I still have to slam the doors and he won't respond anymore.

Was going to spring for a new set of door panels from him but after seeing this crap not a chance. That 90 parts car I bought had a mint set of door panels and console lid so that alone was worth the 100.00 buck loss I took on the car. Amazing how these vendors stay in business with there customer service and blaming the car as the problem.

I know this is an old treadbut i had same issue, the problem with the door seal is the top end of the seal on the backside of the door need to have a dish on the place where is connect the targa seal. the wilcox seal don't have it!

I buy a pair of reproductions here in the netherlands with the correct dish and doors closed normal now.

Windshield seal is shit as well. Don't wast your money on wilcox!

Tell me about it, the seals all SEEM to fit fine on my '72 but I just can NOT get that window strip to seal worth a damn/on the A pillar, but I never drive it in the rain anyway.....

the QC from Wilcox and everyone else is terrible...

:hissyfit::hissyfit::cussing::censored:

Got new ones for my 90 from on of the usual suspects and they suck. Who is Mike Dwyer?

Doc sells Corvette Rubber. So, by default, I have to assume Corvette Rubber is the way to go.