To prosecute or not?

What would you do?

• Total voters

DeeVeeEight

Fast Pedalphile
As many of you know I have been having a problem with my transaction with Snakeater. We agreed that I would ship a used back bumper and spoiler from my C3 in exchange for a distributor valued at 325.00 plus reimbursement of 118.82 shipping charges, less whatever the shipping charges for the dizzy were.
I waited 2 months for the dizzy, started the "Snakeater are you out there" thread etc.
Yesterday I sent an e-mail to the Sheriff in Snakeaters home town explaining the situation. This morning I spoke to a Detective regarding the same issue.
Today a distributor arrived, an MSD Pro-Billet unit. I looked it up on JEGS website - it is worth about $100.00 less than the value agreed upon. In addition I still have not been reimbursed for the shipping charges.
In a nutshell I have received about $225.00 less than what I bargained for.
I am inclined to let the Detective continue with his investigation rather than harrass Brian for the balance of the agreement.

What are your thoughts?

To be successful, you would need documentation. Emails etc. Something written down that validates your claim. If it was verbal, the lying sleazebag is usually given a free pass by the courts.

I think to force the issue with the 'other' option.....in other words, publish the truth with documentation where EVER you can on the net.....With links in all the forums......

ALL the forums.....it can be arranged though other active members....

:clap::clap: sort of an internet version of my cruise night flyers 10 years ago....

:bomb:

You could do as Gene says and shag the bastard. I know I would probably want revenge or justice too.

But for the the money involved and hassle, I would move on. Your life and interests are more important to spend your time on. Let that sorry bastard suffer in his own misery. You don't need to join him....JMHO.

You could do as Gene says and shag the bastard. I know I would probably want revenge or justice too.

But for the the money involved and hassle, I would move on. Your life and interests are more important to spend your time on. Let that sorry bastard suffer in his own misery. You don't need to join him....JMHO.

I would let it go, but that is just me. Buyer beware.

I would let it go, but that is just me. Buyer beware.

Yeh, for a few hundred, WTF.....

in my case the decimal needed moving to the right a few notches....

:ill::banned:

Looks like he sold the car (thread at the other forum) ... I'm guessing the car was sold incl the dizzy and your bumper and spoiler...

I would be not very happy if that happened to me....

Now, something is wrong with your math: you saying you agreed on a $325 dizzy and $120 (roughly) shipping... that's $445... you got a $100 dizzy and you're saying you received $225 less than what was agreed to ?? It's more like $345... and now you have a distributor that you never asked for....

If he really sold the vette then why would he spend time on Corvette Forums ? Posting this all over the (Corvette related) net is probably wasted time .... he might be trying to ripp off the Mopar guys next.... who knows....

It's up to you, your decision alone but since you asked : If you have proof (like the PMs or emails) that he agreed to pay shipping and give you a dizzy valued at $325 then no, I wouldn't let it go....

Last edited:
It's up to you, your decision alone but since you asked : If you have proof (like the PMs or emails) that he agreed to pay shipping and give you a dizzy valued at $325 then no, I wouldn't let it go....

I Agree....

You've got nothing more to lose. Forward all your info to the detective and let him do his job, he handles a criminal case, not your job.
He may well already have a history with them.

Looks like he sold the car (thread at the other forum) ... I'm guessing the car was sold incl the dizzy and your bumper and spoiler...

I would be not very happy if that happened to me....

Now, something is wrong with your math: you saying you agreed on a $325 dizzy and $120 (roughly) shipping... that's $445... you got a $100 dizzy and you're saying you received $225 less than what was agreed to ?? It's more like $345... and now you have a distributor that you never asked for....

If he really sold the vette then why would he spend time on Corvette Forums ? Posting this all over the (Corvette related) net is probably wasted time .... he might be trying to ripp off the Mopar guys next.... who knows....

Karsten, I think he's saying that the dizzy that turned up is worth around $225, not the agreed upon $325 - so $100 less, plus the shipping costs of around $120.
I think he's sold his Vette too so might be a wasted effort posting the story on the forums. However, if you have PM's then go after him - or let the D do it for you...

I might have seen his build on the protouring forum.Sad that this happened.