Life sucks

AJ77

Well, I got home from work on Wed. after making plans with my wife to see an investment counselor for out retirement. We even had been talking about redoing some things around our hose. I sat down at the couch and she put her wedding ring on the table and said there was nothing left and she was leaving me and filing for divorce. I thought we were going to live the rest of our lives together. All of our friends were jealous because were the perfect couple. We never had an argument in 13 years. She's said there's nothing left and won't even go to a counselor with me. Just goes to show, you never really know someone. Oh well, enough blubbering. I'll just take some more meds and go into a stupor for a while. May be absent from here for a while. I'll survive, not that I want to right now. What woman wants a 57 year old man with hot rod vette. I'm just getting morose now so I'll say goodbye for now. Yall are great. Art

AJ, if you want, off line I can tell you about some SHIT man.....

but I met this cute little blond here about 11 years ago, and robbed the cradle....she is only 130 lbs soaking wet....granny 14x over....

her kids know what to do....

anyway, we been together almost ten years now....

and working on krazy projects together for since then....

I"m age 66.....

I maybe not a far up as I once was, but I still get it up once in a while....

:rofl::rofl::crutches:

Don't let the false feelings of rejection hit you too hard. It all just takes time and you'll find that there are more available and willing women aound at your age than when you were 20.
Personally, I wouldn't want another one, for a permanent relationship anyway.
In fact, I couldn't see myself sitting thru a date.

Find some good friends to talk to a lot. Talking actually changes your brain chemistry in down times to help you out of bad feelings and decisions.

You've got a wonderful new adventure ahead of you. :thumbs:

When you are ready.......Invest a couple of dollars in yourself and join

Singlesnet.com

Match.com

e-harmony sucks..... don't waste your time there.

Yes, there are a LOT of women looking for a nice man. These dating websites could not survive without the demand.

I lost my wife to cancer some 10 years ago. I have no skills when it comes to meeting women but this internet dating thing makes it a lot easier for us "wall flowers" to get back into the social scene.:blush:

BTW - got me a nice girl for over 2 yrs. now - she makes good money and takes real good care of me too. I found her on Singlesnet. Your life ain't over yet, give it a try.

Today is a new day with new challenges and opportunities. Go forth and meet them, who knows what you will find!

:drink:

PS - there's probably some hottie who lives real close to you that has had eyes on you for a long time, just waiting for her chance..... you never know.

Yeh, those dating sites, I think Match.com is how Linda and I met....she said my note to her was on the very LAST DAY of her freebee membership at whatever dating site it was.....she responded and we sent notes back and forth for a couple weeks......

our first date, meet for lunch at a good sandwich shop....it had changed into a Mexican restaurant, she don't care for Mexican food....

second date, lets go to a movie.....then dinner at someplace that was NOT Mexican.....only movie we have ever seen together....she don't care for movies.....anymore, I don't blame her.....

but she laughs at my lame humor.....

:gurney::phone::drink:

Art

Don't leave the forum. 010752 is correct when he said "Talking actually changes your brain chemistry in down times to help you out of bad feelings and decisions". Were not only here to talk about Vettes.... were here to help each other out... whether its a problem with a car or just to lend an ear.

Last edited:
Art

Don't leave the forum. 010752 is correct when he said "Talking actually changes your brain chemistry in down times to help you out of bad feelings and decisions". Were not only here to talk about Vettes.... were here to help each other out... whether its a problem with a car or just to lend an ear.

Doug's right. Also, once you get past the shock and anger, you'll see all of the possibilities that come from this. I'm sure it's hard to see that now, but you will. I guarantee it.

Shit Art, I don't know what to say. I'm so sorry for you. If you need a shoulder, brother, just let me know. I'll listen to anything you have/want to say.

but she laughs at my lame humor.....

Oh and it is lame!! :harhar: But I laugh & appreciate it too....:friends:

Art, the gods have a way of putting things into our puny little lives that we don't understand in the moment. There's been so much shit in my life the last couple years I was about ready to take a long walk off a short pier. But as it is turning out, that shit has been fertilizer which has helped my life grow in ways I never imagined. I'm happier now, after time, even/especially with all the torment & turmoil, than I was for years & years although I didn't realize it.
And yeah I'm 56, soon to be 57, and have a good chance of being laid off at the first of the year. The car has been absolutely stagnant for almost 2 years. I may well have to sell it soon. Who cares? it's just a car, and now I know there are more important things to be involved with.
And now, I appreciate each day: sunny, cloudy, warm, cold, rainy, whatever----because the goosebumps or the sweat on my skin remind me I'm alive & living.

(don't know how I'd get by without Big Ace the Wonder Dog, though...)

It'll take time, but it ain't over.

John

Art

Doug's right. Also, once you get past the shock and anger, you'll see all of the possibilities that come from this. I'm sure it's hard to see that now, but you will. I guarantee it.

Art, sorry to hear that. I'm with these guys and the rest of the comments. We'll be here when you need us.

Art, my wife of 19 years took off her ring last week. I am 54, 4 kids, 3 at home. In construction and have not had a real income for 4 years. If you were in the area, I would join you for a drink. However, am healthy and trying to figure it all out. Don't have much to suggest since I am in the same boat. But the boat is not empty, you have a shipmate.

Keep the Vette.

George

Shit Art, that's not nice to come home to. But hang around mate, like others have said talking helps and there's a great life waiting for you out there.

Buy a ticket to Australia and come visit me in November :thumbs:

Hang in there. Sometimes life knocks you down, but get back up and keep up the fight.

I went through the same thing about 10 years ago. When ever I found myself thinking about "why did this happen to me", I started thinking about something else. Something positive. Something that was looking forward, not in the past.