New Guy from Wisconsin

smrtmblues

Just a note to say thanks to Gary for info he gave to me and for the link to this site. Haven't got time right now to check everything out, but see quite a few folks from other sites that I drop in on from time to time.

My name is Marv and I will try to get more info uploaded this weekend, but have a '75 L82 Coupe that is our driver (3 deuces) and a '69 Roadster Can-Am Widebody in the construction zone...been there for over 4 years due to using up all the $$$ initially dedicated to it. Plans are to revive the project this spring. Have a '69 Coupe in parts waiting for what direction I want to go, original, custom, or race...too many projects...gotta focus!!! :nuts

1904819c112d21c7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for the welcome...and thanks Twin Turbo for the edit on the picture. I'll have to figure out how to load pix. Couldn't figure out how to get the above picture into the thread, as you can see, I tried a couple of times...

This looks like a great place to share ideas and get solid advice on the 'how to" parts of our sport, so I am going to have fun 'lurking' into the tech articles. Already downloaded Gary's article about rotor replacement.

Wayne, are you in the Sandland because of the military or civilian contractor?

Wayne...I'm sure the Royals taught you how to keep your head down...stay safe. Now that the military has officially retired me, I can fly standby, so maybe we will get a chance to meet Down Under someday...always have wanted to go there.

Turdle...yeah it was a long draft but we got Matt in the 7th round...need a good backup for Rodgers.:thumbs:

It's not too bad over here Marv. It pays to keep your eyes open but since the last big terrorist thing a few years ago, the Saudi's have been onto the terrorists like flies on shit. It makes the news reasonably regularly that police found a cache of weapons and arrested so and so. I would assume that they're getting help from the US or UK but whatever it is, it's working.

Lemme know when you're thinking of heading to Australia. I won't be there again until November this year but if you're in the neighbourhood then we'll have to have some :beer:. You can come around to my house and see the Kangaroos in my back yard :thumbs:

Glad about the terriorist thing and that they are under control. Thanks for the invite...winter in Wisconsin is a good time to go on a road trip because it's summer at your home. Sounds great about the :beer: and the roos :)

Yes, it'd be summer - perfect weather for walking out and jumping in the pool or about 25 minutes in the car to the beach.

I took these pics last time I was home. They were in the vacant block next to my place and as they took off, they went down through my property, across the creek and up into the scrub somewhere. Scared the crap out of Christine as she went outside to put some rubbish in the bin and the big buck was grazing about 20 feet away from her...

35481cbb0ac72f0.jpg
35481cbb47dae24.jpg

Boy!!! He's a big sucker!!! Looks like Pa, Ma & a few joeys...and it looks like Christine surprised them. Do you see alot of kangaroos up close and personal where you live?

You wouldn't want to see them at night on the highway with that "deer in the headlights" look...going about a hunert miles an hour in the Vette...

Which brings to mind...how do you install a 'roo bar' on the front of a Corvette??? :D

Boy!!! He's a big sucker!!! Looks like Pa, Ma & a few joeys...and it looks like Christine surprised them. Do you see alot of kangaroos up close and personal where you live?

You wouldn't want to see them at night on the highway with that "deer in the headlights" look...going about a hunert miles an hour in the Vette...

Which brings to mind...how do you install a 'roo bar' on the front of a Corvette??? :D
One big buck, two does and two joeys. They're there every morning and every evening. Dunno where they go during the day, probably just lay up in the shade somewhere near the creek. Christine did surprise him and when he stood up, he would have been taller than me and I'm 6'1".

I've hit roos before at night and they do fearsome damage to your car. I'd hate to think what a Vette would look like after clobbering one...

Marv, love the highway picture, awesome. Sounds like you have some great projects going.

Hi Marv,
Glad to see you join up over here. How's the widebody coming along? Hopefully we can meet up again at Carlisle.
Mike

Hey Mike!!! If you make it to Carlisle, stop by the same area of the Fun Field as last year...Rick, Andy, myself, and a few others will be there in style. Rick might even have his Mako ready to roll by then, so you may have to give him a hand again!!! ;)

Widebody has been on hold for a couple of years due to no extra $$$. I'm still collecting parts & pieces though, and plan to build a custom set of headlights for it using Hella units. The engine and hood that the '75 is dressed with are what will go to the '69, as well as, a powdercoated frame ready to hang a VBP package on when money comes available.

Good to hear from you again Mike...hope to see you in Carlisle. Marv