Ford 7.3 exhaust replacement

keywestjack

Has anyone done it. I have a 2002 that I need to replace form the turbo back. I just don't want to start until I have some information etc, as I don't know what I am getting in to. Thanks, Jack

Has anyone done it. I have a 2002 that I need to replace form the turbo back. I just don't want to start until I have some information etc, as I don't know what I am getting in to. Thanks, Jack

I know the head pipe from the manifolds to the turbo is notorious for leaking and causing a loss of boost pressure, I would change it too.

I lucked out the v-band clamp was in good shape. It as more a paing getting it back in than taking it out. I used a 4inch pipe system from Summit. Not bad, fitment. All in all nit was not a bad job.

I took mine somewhere and had it done. It is allot of pipe to, I have an MBRP which is probably something similar to the Summit system. If you want so power improvements there a company called DP tuners down in GA, the guy is awesome with 7.3 setups. Mine is a 02 crew cab dually and that thing will set you back in the seat at 70. I have always had Chevrolet's until this and I honestly don't think I will ever get rid of this truck. That engine is the best, mine has been bullet proof since I bought it.