air bag light on a 1990 always on

JeffP1167

I've noticed a few stripped 1990's and all seem to have a orange colored box right under the radio. Mine does not have this box and I am wondering if this is the real cause on my car. I have checked all the sensors even made sure they had an excellent ground and dielectric grease under them. This orange box lays horizontally under the radio.

Or could this just be the FX3 brain?

The box is an accelerometer but I'm pretty sure it was black on mine, also a 90.

On mine the light came on, i checked it and all this time there was a wire running near the shifter (auto) and one of the wires was stuck under the shifter and after all this time got pinched and shorted to ground causing the light to go on

What infl restraint code do you get?

The box is an accelerometer but I'm pretty sure it was black on mine, also a 90.

On mine the light came on, i checked it and all this time there was a wire running near the shifter (auto) and one of the wires was stuck under the shifter and after all this time got pinched and shorted to ground causing the light to go on

What infl restraint code do you get?

I have never checked the codes, just did the typical corvette quik known fixes. I know the accelermeter but that isn't what I am talking about.