Ideas for a L-88 hood water drain

JeffP1167

This area on the outside of the l-88 hood looks like it cand fet a good amount of rain water in it. any drains that can be added that dont cosmetically look real bad?

Didn't they have a ornamental grill in there though? I've never seen a L-88 hood with a hole there.

The BB and LT1 hoods have a metal insert. You asked about the L88 that does not have a metal insert. Didn't you ask if a drain could be added to an L88 hood? If yes, then the answer is yes, drill a hole in the deepest spot. If you want to control the water drain, add a nipple and put a hose on below the hood. Now get to it.

I belive my solution to the problem is quite simple..
After washing i take the car for a spin and do some hard accelerations that makes the water go away.
icon_lakrits.gif

Cut the whole slat open so it can vent hot air.

If I recall correctly that would vent in front of the radiator, reducing flow through the radiator...at speed....

and if I don't, it would make no difference, there is no underhood pressure on MY car with the dual spals mounted snug to the radiator angled down,

on my car the lift is in front of the radiator, in the tip triangle area....

learned the hard way, I may add.....

:cussing::eek::surrender:

Cut the whole slat open so it can vent hot air.

If I recall correctly that would vent in front of the radiator, reducing flow through the radiator...at speed....

and if I don't, it would make no difference, there is no underhood pressure on MY car with the dual spals mounted snug to the radiator angled down,

on my car the lift is in front of the radiator, in the tip triangle area....

learned the hard way, I may add.....

:cussing::eek::surrender:

The "vents" are behind the radiator, basically above the alternator. Probably not a great place to drain water!